Trippy DEA agent patches

I suggest you amend your approach because there is one common factor with all of these people’s confusion… :slight_smile:

No, I said they weren’t “prohibited from existing.” I think you’re confusing “controlled by the law and illegal to own” with “prohibited from existing in the universe.”

Well, drug dealers are all dangerous gangsters, right? I mean, my dad was on Federal disability and unable to work because of a disc in his back destroyed in an industrial accident so clearly he was dangerous. He did manage to convince them to not shoot his dogs though.

Which all depends upon belief in property, which I don’t, making it a rather moot distinction. Especially as regards plants which have lives of their own. There is an (perhaps surprising) amount of legal grey area resulting from the cultural acceptance of many plants which naturally produce what are defined as controlled substances.

Then there is the imbalance of providing evidence of harm. Many scheduled substances have never been demonstrated as being harmful to humans, and meanwhile lots of other truly harmful substances are traded freely, and nobody seems to think its weird. I wouldn’t be concerned about a family member’s health risks from being exposed to cannabis, compared to, say, xylene. It suggests that many people have poor risk assessment.

1 Like

Many of the military ones look just like these (which I assume is the point*) without the drug references, obviously. And more than a few look like they were sketched out on a teenage boy’s notebook…

Wizard!!
Obligatory terrible naked woman
Skeleton samurai!!
And skulls!! More skulls than you know what to do with!! Skulls, skulls, skulls. For some reason, we seem to really love skulls (I think I’ve met my link limit, but there are a LOT).

Now that I think about it, these patches look better than most military patches I’ve come across. I think the first sentence of this post sums it up… “When DEA agents aren’t stealing Silk Road drug money or having sex with prostitutes given to them by Colombian drug cartels, they are designing and wearing these awesome patches!” Someone had too much time on their hands.

*Post suggestion: SWAT team patches.

1 Like

I cant find their Etsy shop. Any luck?

4 Likes

That last patch is amazing. Death at a rave. Awesome.

2 Likes

Not to the cops in whose jurisdiction you live… See previous conversations on this.

There was one, but they couldn’t find it.

6 Likes

Yeah, if I could get into the “War on Drugs” metaphor, these woldn’t bother me a bit. Part of a long tradition, yadda yadda. But to think these are groups enforcing local laws on home soil, all I can think of is those wacky package logos that Rampart Division were sporting. Which just seem to say, “We’ll do whatever the fuck we want and no one’s going to stop us!”

1 Like

That’s what jiu-jitsu is for. Entrap them with solid surveillance leads which have them break into a balsa wood house over a pit. Whoops, don’t fall in. Weeee! Sorry, no drugs here, only nosy feds! Byeee!

I dunno in my experience the WAY METAL patches in the military are there, but they’re outnumbered by ones that make some kind of sense. But my exposure was mostly via Airforce. And in that case mostly search and rescue, NASA related, or fighter groups, and some Marines or Navy stuff. Maybe the units my friends and family have worked with just aren’t bad ass enough.

99 percent invisible just did a good podcast in challenge coins

Current scores on your three links:

Wizard: 13
Naked Woman: 21
Samurai: 15

That must be because the title of that link is longer so it stands out more. /s

Congress provided the initial list, way back when, but the DEA makes the decisions now, based on input from the FDA and HHS.

Good to know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.