Trucks spray manure on government buildings

These farmers are just trying to keep hold of their generous welfare payments, as noted elsewhere.
Most farmers in the developed world have managed to arrange all sorts of welfare payments for all sorts of reasons.
This is common from Japan, to USA to Europe. I’m not arguing for or against farmer welfare, but I am annoyed that the same farmers seem to like to pretend that they’re running a business.

1 Like

Awwww shit!

1 Like

I think you have the old “burning bag on the doorstep” gag backwards.

6 Likes

To you and the other posters whining about supporting farmers: do you want to eat or not? Because if you leave it to the Free Market (tm, © USA) then the markets will drive the price of food below the point where it’s worth anyone bothering to grow it. And no the Invisible Hand won’t fix it - crops take quite a time to prepare and grow and are limited by the seasons. Or maybe you’re right, the Invisible Hand will fix it by slapping you down with a big dose of famine and starvation.

Or we could be civilised and ensure our food supply.

9 Likes

I’m not whining about “supporting” farmers. I don’t have to.
The country I live in stopped paying subsidies to farmers in 1985.
The result is an export economy based almost entirely on farming, and yes I had quite a nice lunch today too.
Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Good to see the shit flowing the other way than it usually does.

9 Likes

You mean, as distinct from US farmers, who are forced to make their way in a completely unprotected market with no government subsidies at all?

10 Likes

Everybody poops…

1 Like

A bunch of janitors and groundskeepers will actually bear the brunt of the farmers’ wrath. No decision makers will be even slightly inconvenienced by the manure. Just a bunch of poor working stiffs with no skin in the game.

2 Likes

Isn’t this a little like bit akin to throwing a book of matches into hell?

4 Likes

This seems like a really terrible way to effect actual change.

1 Like

Also, the police will eat the apples. They’re delicious.

j’aime les français!

1 Like

Your comment is one big generalization which inaccurately depicts the modern French farmer but does play on a certain anti-French stereotype. BTW, it’s “palate”.

2 Likes

When I was a kid something similar was done in the city I now live in. At the time, I lived in a town downstream along the Russian River. Manure Man was a local hero. The only reference I found with a quick search:

1 Like

Thanks for that, it’s the only context I’ve been able to find in this thread for why we’re looking at manure being sprayed on architecture.

Throwing an apple at a cop in america at best would get you tazed, tackled, and beaten, at worst, dead.

1 Like

This. Free market this, free market that. I’m sick of hearing it in the states. You want to see a free market? Go to Democratic Republic of Congo.

2 Likes

One farmer here in NE England sprayed manure on local bank offices on several occasions during a dispute over money he claimed they’d lost. They eventually settled out of court for £300,000- so manure-spraying is clearly an effective strategy.

3 Likes

3 Likes