Trump accuses Nikki Haley of globe-liking, sparks MAGA fury

… I’m guessing #6 is the easiest for Elon to say :thinking:

5 Likes

#7 Elon isn’t a worthless piece of shit that the world would be immediately improved by if he suddenly ceased to exist.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Once MAGA have cleansed the globe of Round Earthers, they will stop heliocentrism being the centre of attention. Their entire universe was made to rotate around Donald Trump.

8 Likes

May he combust in a ball of plasma.

3 Likes

8bksyl

3 Likes

A fair point. When used by a competent demagogue, “globalist” is left scrupulously undefined and ambiguous so that it functions as a whole chorus of dogwhistles at different pitches.

• To people who lost their jobs to transnational capitalism it means “rightwing economist”.
  • to someone whose hair is on fire about refugees fleeing ecological catastrophe, it means “mythical leftwingers who want to abolish borders and immigration controls”
  • to antisemites, synonymous with “rootless cosmopolitans”.
  • racist gobshites translate it as “anyone whose ancestors immigrated from a non-European country”.
2 Likes

I’d add the category of paranoid conspiracists, who translate it as “New World Order”, “Agenda 21”, and the sinister interpretation of “Great Reset” (which they often confuse or conflate with “Great Replacement”).

I’d change that to “establishment economists”. Right-wing populists also hate anyone who promotes international free trade.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.