Trump Administration moves to stop transgender members of the military from honorably serving their country

… and news of all sorts. Reducing stress should help you heal up faster!

Par for the course. His proclamations and their timing have so far amounted to unpredictable fart blasts.

That was more or less my point. But then I wouldn’t talk about how honorable military service is, that is glorifying the whole system i.m.o.

You joined the military and became an instrument of power for the very people exploiting you because it was the only way out they let you? You had to fight and kill for a cause you may not even have believed in, because it was your ticket to an education and healthcare? I fully understand that and I’m truly thankful I didn’t have to make such a terrible choice myself.

Thinking about it this way I think I see where the problem is. The pride of a man or woman doing whatever it takes to work their way out of the bad hand they have been dealt in life is too easily, and often consciously, intermingled with the supposed honor of “protecting your country”, which is pure propaganda, as these wars have nothing to do with defence in the common sense. That’s why I am uncomfortable with the “honor” rhetoric from people who disagree with US military policy.

2 Likes

Not all transgender people want or can have surgery, not that I expect that it would stop Trumpists from attempting to purge the armed forces of all trans people.

5 Likes

What struck me about Trump’s announcement was that he left the door open to calling up the transgender folk if the country desperately needed them. At which point it would be appropriate for those who had been barred from military service to say “Fuck off, fat boy,” However, knowing a few of the people Trump fears because of their sexual identity, I fully realize that they will come forward to serve at a much greater rate than their bigot neighbors because they still love their country, even though it insists on kicking them in the teeth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.