Trump, an idiot, wishes you 'Happy President’s Day'

I’ve read all of your briefs and still conclude that the issue here is that the sitting (if impeached) president believes this is his holiday.

2 Likes

Perhaps he thinks it’s all about him?

Is this a serious question?

4 Likes

Please *insert deity of your choice *, let it be his last “President´s Day” in office…

2 Likes

How does one even “celebrate” Presidents’ Day? Bake a cake bust of George Washington? Recite stories about the founding of the Republic? Reenact Johnson’s impeachment trial with you and 100 of your closest friends?

6 Likes

Surely the plural form, President’s Days, would be worse?

2 Likes

https://www.twopartyopera.com/comic/mr-splendor-and-majesty/

2 Likes

I Imagine he expects his staff to bring him presents as well.

1 Like

I talk to my son about the history of the country and sacrifices made, and why it’s important to vote.

Pretty much the same as the Fourth of July, but without the fireworks.

3 Likes

Actually, everyone above is wrong, including Trump.

According to US Code § 6103(a), title 5 the day is still recognized under federal law as Washington’s Birthday.

2 Likes

Sure, but “happy”? Is that sensible? Would you say “happy memorial day”? “Happy martin luther king day”?

I think the error here is that you expected sensible.

1 Like

His tweet is a troll along the lines of this product:

1 Like

Au contraire.

Not being a USian, I note that the post says P Day celebrates the first president, George Washington.No idea if this is correct. But if it is, then President’s would be fine - one president being celebrated = apostrophe s. If it is a celebration of multiple/all presidents then Presidents’, obviously.

I think that’s supposed to be Washingtons’ Birthday.

Although Washington’s’ Birthday is also acceptable now.

5 Likes

I was taught that the day was a combination of Washington’s birthday and Lincoln’s (just a week or so apart) being moved to a single ‘3rd Monday in February’ holiday (and thus was s’).

I hate to disappoint by giving the impression that I could be wrong…

4 Likes

Well, undoubtedly there were many Washingtons born on this day

1 Like

10 Likes

Last time I was in the states during Presidents’ Day, seemed to be a lot to due about selling mattresses.

6 Likes

That’s just a day ending in “y”.