Trump, an idiot, wishes you 'Happy President’s Day'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/17/trump-an-idiot-wishes-you.html

5 Likes

Perhaps he thinks it’s all about him?

In that case, every day is President’s Day to Trump.

15 Likes

Hey Ivanka - you’re next in line to inherit should any accident happen.

Just saying.

7 Likes

24 Likes

wow, really, how dare you attack the leader of this great nation for something so petty. it really speaks to where the discourse has sunken to in this day and age. it is very, very common for people to make mistakes when it comes to apostrophes, even for highly intelligent geniuses… so why would any reasonable person expect better from this utterly psychotic, tiny-handed, cheeto-faced, urine-soaked blithering idiot and human shit stain?

31 Likes

derry-girls-no-one-gives-a-shit

If this were aimed at another poster here, you might have a point (and I’d likely agree that it’s petty)… in this case… he’s a major danger to the entire world. Who cares?

11 Likes

Did you read the entire paragraph?

19 Likes

I did not! Where’s that egg? Sorry @jonboy_nemo!

I like that gif, so I’ll keep it…

17 Likes

i deserved it!

9 Likes

He is an idiot, but I expect 90% of my fellow Americans to make the same mistake.

4 Likes

45 Likes

Google Fight isn’t working for me right now, but a search shows more sites prefer “President’s Day” – like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, both of which Google will suggest as corrections to “Fathers Day” or “Mothers Day”. It’s interesting that only Encyclopedia Britannica uses the grammatically correct “Presidents’ Day”. So, yeah, it’s roughly a coin flip.

Correcting people’s shitty internet grammar instead of the content of their messages – which should be pretty damn easy for Trump – should have gone out with the 90s.

1 Like

In related news:

6 Likes

Impeached President Trump.

4 Likes

5bc504ab3eb73e42ab118807f3dfeffaf3384135_2_500x500

8 Likes

As much as I enjoy picking on our impeached president, it’s a complicated situation. According to Wikipedia, Presidents’ Day is the most common name for the state holiday, but President’s Day is a close second (using “President” at least). Some states call it Presidents Day (no apostrophe) and many others have names involving Washington, Lincoln, or others.

2 Likes

Oh, if he wants in on this, Happy Impeached President Day everyone!

2 Likes

Funnily enough, the official name for the federal holiday is “Washington’s Birthday,” and the Office of Personnel Management is persnickety about it:

This holiday is designated as “Washington’s Birthday” in section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code, which is the law that specifies holidays for Federal employees. Though other institutions such as state and local governments and private businesses may use other names, it is our policy to always refer to holidays by the names designated in the law.

Happy President’s Day… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Maybe. But godDAMN if it’s/its confusion doesn’t make me INSANE when I see an otherwise cogent, articulate writer suffer from it.

2 Likes

Looks like we need an act to revise the day to Unimpeached Presidents’ Day

3 Likes