Trump calls 50,000 federal employees back to work, won't pay them

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/16/trump-calls-50000-federal-emp.html

1 Like

If you work for tRump’s corrupt and morally bankrupt admin, you should quit.

5 Likes

This “terrible shutdown” Trump keeps complaining about is looking more and more like a nice excuse to get free work out of federal employees and to test how few employees various departments need to remain barely functional. I half expect him to say “I’m announcing a wonderful cost savings measure for America by informing all of the remaining furloughed staff that they’re no longer needed, and using the savings to build the Wall!”

20 Likes

working as intended.

9 Likes

The government shutdown is not a bug but feature of this administration and is in full support of their delusional and bigoted 30% of the electorate.

((as I was writing this @anon61833566 beat me to it!))

13 Likes

Who’s shocked that Trump supports forced labor?

43 Likes

If you work for Mitch McConnell, you should quit too.

Something that you cannot just do if you’re in the US Coast Guard, I might add.

11 Likes

He’s long claimed that he’d show how it would be when government was run by a businessman. And we all knew what kind of businessman he was: the kind who regularly stiffs employees.

42 Likes

Don’t associate dutch treasure Bassie with Trump. He might be a clown, but he is not a turd with a yellow wig.

18 Likes

It’s the perfect solution – have slaves work for the things that rich people want, and nothing at all for anyone else.

I almost said final solution but I hope we never get to that.

5 Likes

Every time some trumpian jackass goes on about how great the decision to vote for him was this is just another thing I will use to remind them that they could have foreseen this.

The man has a record of hiring illegal immigrants to clean his toilets at his Golf Resorts and a long record of stiffing contractors.

This is pretty simple proof that he believes in stiffing the American people who make things run for his temper tantrum too. Absolutely no one and nothing matters to him except himself. Hes garbage.

7 Likes

that is what trump wants, too.

2 Likes

Well at least we didn’t get a competent woman in the White House. She probably would have made us eat our vegetables.

17 Likes

The feds have a few questions for Trump, in this episode: ‘The Interrogation’.

2 Likes

Now they say anything that your man can do, they also can achieve too
And they’ve openly boasted to do their part in the literature and art
We will next hear of them as candidates for the president of these United States
And if you men don’t assert control your women will rule the world

In the words of Nancy Pelosi, “No.”

6 Likes

After reading the article I think it’s time to ground the planes. No pay, no work. No air traffic controller, no planes in the air. Ground the planes.

18 Likes

Reminds me of old Soviet Union work joke:
“So long as the bosses pretend to pay us, we will pretend to work”

14 Likes

How will they find time to mow their landlords’ lawns and paint their landlords’ houses?

9 Likes

tenor%20(20)

12 Likes