Trump expands racist travel ban to 6 additional countries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/trump-expands-racist-travel-ba.html

US to halt issuance of visas that can lead to permanent residency for nationals of Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar and Nigeria

3 Likes

At this point, does it really surprise anyone…

tumblr_7ea070748d7b11e64427f91dd5b88ca1_fadd4abe_640

13 Likes

“Wolf said immigrant visas were chosen because people with those visa are the most difficult to remove after arriving in the United States.”

Meaning such people can easily claim asylum status if removal proceedings start making them difficult to ethnic cleanse

13 Likes

How about If trump can find them on a map, the bans can go thru.

25 Likes

i’d even let that map have labels.

15 Likes

Not good. Not good at all. Now I’m never going to get my pay-off from that Nigerian prince.

23 Likes

ah good - add to list of places to drop trump once he’s out of the white house

5 Likes

… and any foreign nationals with knowledge of the Ukranian affair.

1 Like

If only they thought to “pay cash” like Saudi Arabia, they wouldn’t be in this bind.

Trump hasn’t said where this billion dollars in the bank is, or even which bank, and the Pentagon doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but I’m sure it’ll trickle down to Real Americans some day soon.

8 Likes

On the other hand maybe the Iranians would pay Trump to bomb US bases in Saudi Arabia? Trump really should look into the north African cotton market. Huge potential there.

4 Likes

Don’t dress Trump in Kirk’s tunic.

This is a better fit.

8 Likes

Don’t dress Trump in Zapps tunic.

This is a better fit

7 Likes

This is a better fit.

Too far?

8 Likes

They have already reduced legal immigration to a trickle by putting up bureaucratic barriers and catch-22s.

Either the “wrong” people have been finding ways through regardless, or this new ban is just chest-thumping to fire up his base.

4 Likes

“These countries, for the most part, want to be helpful,” Wolf really said, “but for a variety of different reasons simply failed to meet those minimum whiteness requirements."

4 Likes

Trump doesn’t like brown people.

4 Likes

Payback time! Run scams in Nigeria where you promise you can arrange for visa to USA for just a small fee.

4 Likes

Oh - very good!

1 Like

Not Nigeria, but in other parts of West Africa, they’re way ahead of you:

3 Likes

While the merits of this may certainly be questionable, I’m curious what race you all think this is discriminatory against?