Trump flips out on Twitter, right after Twitter fact-checked him for the first time

That they pointed out he was spreading misinformation? Really?

3 Likes

A broken clock is right twice a day…

Maybe he could find some fault in facebook while he’s at it.

I hear you on the children but it’s possible if done properly.

I grew up in a police, military and fire family. We had weapons in the house and these things weren’t just laying around. They were all properly secured and we were told that they were not toys and are very dangerous. Our curiosity about them was removed by my parents showing them to us, discussing them, and explaining how dangerous they were and we never attempted to sneak and try to get ahold of them. As we grew, our family would go to the range and they taught us about safety, respect of the weapon and how to shoot. These things stick with you. As an adult I have had formal training, am licensed and have owned for over 20 years. With my kids my son is not interested at all but my daughter is very opposite and absolutely loves range time. Everyones situation is different but it can work if approached properly and safely.

2 Likes

My eldest (12) just got a compound bow for her B-day and she loves it. I think it’s a Hunger Games inspired thing :slight_smile:

When I was a kiddo in FL, I found a bullet in the gutter while biking home from school (7th grade). “NO WAY” my buddy said (I now know that it was probably a nail gun charge). We took it home and put it on the driveway. Got a hammer out of the shed to see what would happen if we whacked it. Couldn’t hear shit for ~10 min, and fortunately neither of us were hit.

I’m not even going to start about the Estes model rocket charges and bottle rockets. I’m just still surprised I still have all ten fingers and both eyes.

3 Likes

Ah that is very cool, bows are awesome! One thing I wanted to get into but never did. Hilarious with the hammer :joy: My mom was shooting her 357 magnum and I got the not so bright idea of removing my ears to experience what it sounded like. I heard one shot and nothing else for quite a min… it’s 2020 and I swear I can still hear ringing. The things we did with bottle rockets and fire crackers when we were kids! Legendary Goonies type adventures I’ll tell ya and I did almost lose a finger!

1 Like

CSB

We used to light them one-by-one from a citronella bucket and throw them into the street. The parents sitting by would laugh. Then one time the flame burnt my fingers so I accidentally dropped the firecracker. Lit. Into a bucket of hot wax. Surrounded by inebriated adults sitting around laughing.

BOOM.

~10 screaming adults start hosing themselves off then start looking for me. I play the BEST hide-and-seek game of my life. Because in FL at that time with the neighbors I had my life probably depended on it. Didn’t leave the house for days.

/CSB

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.