Trump grounds Boeing's deathliner, in a tweet video

I am comfortable knowing that the Venn diagram of myself and FuckFaceTrump is a thin sliver of commonality; we both breath air and drink water. And even that last one is a fraction of a shared set because I hear he gets his water from Whore’s Urine.

3 Likes

Does this mean that, with a tweet, he can ground every commercial aircraft? And train, while we’re at it? Shouldn’t we be uncomfortable that POTUS apparently has this level of power?

4 Likes

Yeah, but that article is two days old. New information became available this morning, and now it’s grounded. I don’t feel like the president gets to take credit for this, weak medicine that it is.

3 Likes

No arguments here.

5 Likes

1 Like

Of course, THAT would get him impeached in 90 seconds flat…

4 Likes

Trumps tweet 11:45 am

FAA announcement 12:09 PM

3 Likes

Which means the acting FAA head briefed him, walked back to the office, and someone said, “Hey, you need to look at Twitter!”

8 Likes

Naw Dawg, I drink arsenic compounds, and in-respirate argon.

1 Like

The airlines themselves could have grounded their fleet. (fat chance) The FAA could have done this on their own as well but, there’s the Chao/trump/Boeing three way to deal with.

3 Likes

I have it on good authority that the current trump is a twitter bot. The real trump is hiding in a hole in Moscow.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this is possible. The Fourteenth Amendment ensures that a corporation, separately from its associated human beings (like owners, managers, or employees), has at least some of the legal rights and responsibilities enjoyed by natural persons (physical humans). Ctrl c/Ctrl v, edit, Wikipedia.

1 Like

I wondered that myself but I assume that since the government controls the skies they have the authority to keep whatever they want grounded

1 Like

I don’t think Dennis Boeing will be making any more campaign payments contributions.

3 Likes

For a minute there I thought he actually did something Presidential. Turns out the crashes are really messing up his stock portfolio.

That million dollar contribution from Boeing wasn’t for the campaign. It was for the Inauguration.

4 Likes

That must be why is turned out to be the biggliest inauguration EVER!

1 Like

I am a software engineer,with a background in aviation. I honestly hope this software change arrives no sooner than this time next year. If the current situation is bad, consider the consquences of a broken fix.

The current mess is an example of how development for aircraft is not like other domains with short release cycles. You can test for a year and it won’t be enough. The most reliable systems out there have been unchanged for ten years or more.

A rushed fix horrifies me, to be honest. Much more than the current situation.

8 Likes

Note: Quartz Media is funded in part by the Boeing Company.

1 Like

What a pile of shit, putting corporations ahead of human beings, who were the real focus of the 14th amendment, a reconstruction amendment.

2 Likes

closed #68

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes