Trump is ‘Ignorant About Islam’ and aids ISIS with 'politics of fear,' says London's new Muslim mayor

8 Likes

Nope. That’s me and ma bucket of trusty bat guano. Gonna have to get all polytheistic up in here.
(seriously, batmix is the tits)

1 Like

OK, that sounds like a burden, but how is it relevant here? It sounded like @coffeestar wanted to frame Khan’s statement as a no true Scotsman fallacy to me, I don’t think it fits and I don’t understand your response to my comment.

1 Like

Trump is lumping all Muslims in with a bunch of terrorists even though its reductive, prejudicial and inappropriate. Your average Bible thumper lumps atheists in with a bunch of mass murdering commies even though its reductive, prejudicial and inappropriate. So atheists generally know a thing or two about being treated that sort of way.

Khan is doing the sensible and sane thing by emphasizing that the terrorists do not represent the entirety of the group. Its not a no true scotsman thing. Because he is not saying that murderous craziness is not part of the religion. That would be a no true scotsman. He is saying that they are Muslims, just not the entirety of the faith or even the majority.

Well OK, I think we agree! I think Islam and Christianity have to accept that within their faith there is radicalism, but I think atheists need to accept that there is radicalism outside of religion too, religion has just been the traditional mature vessel for radicalism.

I mean case in point, look at the Trump rallies. I think it’s pretty reasonable to say that Trump supporters attending those rallies are radicalised, and nationalism is the primary vehicle of that radicalism. Sure they pick out some religions to discriminate against, but race and culture are big targets too.

1 Like

No idea what you are saying here, or how it relates to what I wrote. I stated that the Powers that ARE i.e. Governing Elites pose far greater threat to the jewish minority in Europe, than European muslims. Goldsmith’s campaign implied that we all should fear Muslims like Khan, and many Jews accepted that at faith value. I am suggesting that we have far more to fear from demagogues like Boris Johnson & his Eaton mates, who have no inhibition in inciting hatred of the other for their own petty gains.

Where exactly are we disagreeing?

1 Like

You too are one that makes the grass grow green.

1 Like

It’s not freedom they hate, it’s awesome.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.