Dr. Oz either doesn't know how many houses he owns, or is lying

Originally published at: Dr. Oz either doesn't know how many houses he owns, or is lying | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Important question: why do we think this matters to Trumpists?

4 Likes

“Well I meant two but I said 10, because I think in strict binary terms” - Mehmet Oz, probably

24 Likes

binary terms

10 in binary = 1010

1 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 2

Yep, the math checks out.

10 Likes

Sounds like he’d better get used to the phrase “Senator Fetterman.”

7 Likes

He’s being evasive to deflect from his space lair and the bunker under Oprah’s. Everyone forgets to look up and down.

2 Likes

Another champion for Real Americans™ holding the line against the dastardly elites.

10 Likes

This is just a guess, but I’m guessing by “legitimately own” he means those two homes are paid off, and the rest he’s still paying mortgages on.
It doesn’t really matter, but I do wonder how his constituents would feel if all policies aimed at benefitting “home owners” were restricted to those who had paid off their mortgages.
Or maybe he means he owns 2 homes on lands not unjustly stolen from indigenous peoples. Who knows.
Either way, he’s an asshole and I hope he loses.

16 Likes

Someone buried the lede here. Apparently he’s renting one of them to his mother in law. A millionaire. Charging rent. To his mother in law.

What a bum.

Edited for accuracy.

12 Likes

Bet a nickel that he buys a house in D.C. if he gets elected. And no way will his ownership of property in Turkey sway his dealings with the ruler there…

If/when he loses, I wonder how long it will take for him to unload that shack in Pennsylvania & go back to Jersey.

3 Likes

Republicans are the party of people who don’t know how many houses they have: John McCain was similarly confused, back in the day.

It’s like the weird memory problems that they have every time they’re asked to testify under oath. We’re beginning to see a pattern of very specific cognitive impairments associated with this relatively small group of individuals. McCain was too early for it to be long COVID, of course, so I wonder if it isn’t something environmental: lead paint in the RNC meeting rooms, or something?

5 Likes

Wonder what he’ll say next?

I just want to hear the first smol bit of its concession speech.

Next, I want to learn he’s working at a concessions stand.

3 Likes

I guess sales of raspberry ketones and green coffee bean extract is good for someone.

3 Likes

I’m sure he doesn’t have one in Kansas anymore.

2 Likes

So Oz has one thing in common with PA voters: neither he nor they know how many houses he owns.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he means he has two houses that he considers his homes, while the other houses and apartments he owns he rents out to other people (or lets family members live there?).

But then again, this is also a guy who pairs salsa and tequila with crudites, so who knows.

1 Like

Some kind of tax dodge, maybe? “Renting” it out may change its tax status.

Or, of course, he could just be scum.

1 Like

We call that “freedom paint”

2 Likes

That’s why it tastes so sweet.

Lick Licking GIF by Mitski

1 Like