Dr. Oz vows to "end illegal immigration" while family biz faced historical fine for undocumented workers

Originally published at: Dr. Oz vows to "end illegal immigration" while family biz faced historical fine for undocumented workers | Boing Boing

11 Likes

The quickest and easiest way to end illegal immigration is to allow anyone into the country and abolish ICE.

But I don’t think that is what Oz is going for.

45 Likes

mood GIF

Freedom of movement is a human right. Countries should have to compete for citizens. People unhappy with their country should be able to vote with their feet and be welcomed elsewhere.

32 Likes

So, Dr. Oz is a hypocrite. That makes him a standard politician.

4 Likes

He supports and backs a fascist… that makes him not.

None of this is normal, and the more we act like it is, the MORE it gets normalized.

36 Likes

Nope. He makes it hard, and his immigrants have to pay back more to get in, and Ka-ching! - that’s how money works. Ugh.

1 Like

All legit scientific and medical organizations recognize climate change as a clear existential threat to human civilization. To be an MD and medical school faculty (emeritus) and to stump for the Republican party that believes climate change is nbd is very far from typical.

14 Likes

&

So that makes him a standard Republican: Hypocrite plus fascist.

4 Likes

Again, we need to stop acting like this is normal. It is not. The Trump wing of the GOP is full-on fascist, but no, not all members of the GOP ARE fascists. :woman_shrugging:

19 Likes

Between the woo peddling and this promise, this ladder-pulling son of immigrants is getting right on board with the Death Cult party’s platform. More awfulness to come, I’m sure.

What a waste. If not for Oprah hooking him on fame and if not for his fruitless attempts to please his daddy he might still be saving actual lives to this day.

22 Likes

Would not these be the ones who have remained silent on Trump-inspired fascism and thereby helped in allowing it to flourish? :neutral_face:

5 Likes

What a hypocrite.

I didn’t realize this was Asplundh they were talking about. I know people who have worked for them, they can be shady AF.

3 Likes

Fascist adjacent is good enough for me.

11 Likes

Only difference between Oz and his fellow fascist hypocrites is that his family is actually getting fined.

18 Likes

There’s Liz Cheney, the neoCons at The Lincoln Project, and other elements of the GOP establishment who know that this isn’t normal.

This pack of neoCons and moneyCons are certainly not the good guys and are operating from their own perspective of the will to power, but they exist. I suppose in this unwelcome reboot they’re playing the part of the conservative industrialists and generals and politicians who thought they could control their fascist allies, only to be left flailing about when they realised the reality of the situation too late.

10 Likes

Success for said “conservative industrialists…” et al would look like a return to pre-Trump, “good 'ol” Gingrich-GOP days… which, unfortunately, more than a few Dem congressmembers would be okay with.

5 Likes

That return to business as usual isn’t going to happen, not after 6 Jan 2020. Over the next three years the death cultists will either get their Putin-style fascist regime or they’ll be thwarted and move toward more terrorism and fomenting a Syrian-style civil war. In the second scenario it will be progressives and fighting liberals – and not conservatives or Third Way Dem “centrists” and “moderates” – who’ll be doing the heavy lifting.

8 Likes

I’ll be using Davey, then. A tree in my yard is not doing too well. :frowning:

9 Likes

Oprah, I am looking at you. You brought this snake oil peddler into our homes. You gave your explicit and implicit endorsement of his garbage. People believed him because he was yours, and people believe him now because they believed him before.
Oz is a criminal and a liar, and it is shameful that he got this far in politics.

This is on your hands lady. You brought this menace to us.

12 Likes

She definitely carries a lot of culpability for this (not all, but a lot). All we’ve gotten so far from her on the subject are anodyne and blame-shifting statements about how any citizen can run for office in this great country and how this race is up to the voters of PA. Easy enough to say from her gated estate in Montecito … for now.

6 Likes