Trump offered Assange pardon in exchange for covering up Russian DNC hack, says lawyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/19/assanges-lawyer-says-trump-o.html

5 Likes

How about we just let him face the rape charges?

36 Likes

No idea if this is true but the plausibility of the claim speaks volumes about the times we live in.

43 Likes

tumblr_21980c00c052a6703a6adf938f03d993_22a26a2c_640

58 Likes

That lawyer has lousy timing. Where was this info* a month ago when he was being impeached?

*If true. I mean, sure it sounds true, but, ya know.

31 Likes

Quick! Everyone! Put a huge amount of faith into an substantiated claim by…Julian Assange?…and trust that he’s the savior we’ve all be waiting for to come rescue us! We can make a little room on the bench with Mueller, Avenetti, Bolton, etc. I’m sure he’s genuinely interested in helping out the US and restoring stability and norms to our system of government and has no other agenda, so don’t bother checking.

17 Likes

No no no, Jules will do the core dump on Putins any day now, just you wait and see…

note sarcasm<

17 Likes

This’ll matter FOR SURE!

8 Likes

What I’m hearing is that Assange is against saying the DNC hack was an inside job when under oath.

4 Likes

Putin’s favorite congressman says…

12 Likes

unfortunately for the GOP it all amounts to the same thing no matter what…

Assange has demonstrated zero interest whatsoever in doing anything that could hurt Trump.

Astute observers may remember that Assange and Wikileaks had all kinds of dirt to share related to the Obama administration and the DNC’s activities during the 2016 election, but has come up suspiciously short on dirt that could hurt Trump or the GOP even though the Trump administration is by any reasonable measure the leakiest bunch of incompetents in the history of Washington.

40 Likes

True enough, but my guess is he’s just as obsessed with his own self interests as Trump, in which case the optimal timing for protecting those interests seems to have passed!

1 Like

It simply didn’t occur to them. Not that it would have mattered. The senate has shown us where their loyalties lie, and it’s not with justice or the American people.

4 Likes
19 Likes

Even if it’s somehow not true:

Also:

30 Likes

Every day, a little bit dumberer. :unamused:

22 Likes

Hmmm, what other country predicates release on signing false confessions…?

14 Likes

Right?

It’s getting so that I’m reluctant to even look at my news feed/scroll, for fear of whatever latest dumb fuckery has happened.

21 Likes

giphy (24)

14 Likes