Trump on wealth - this now in

Just a “quote” but worth a laugh:

“I have made myself very rich”; Bloomber puts Trump’s current net worth at $2.9bn. If Trump had just put his father’s money in a mutual fund that tracked the S&P 500 and spent his career finger-painting, then he’d have $8 bn.

• cited from Deborah Friedell, London Review of Books

Bit more detail:

‘I have made myself very rich,’ Trump says (over and over again). ‘I
would make this country very rich.’ That’s why he should be president.
He insists that he’s the ‘most successful man ever to run’, never mind
the drafters of the constitution or the supreme commander of the allied
forces. Bloomberg puts Trump’s current net worth at $2.9 billion, Forbes at $4.1 billion. The National Journal
has worked out that if Trump had just put his father’s money in a
mutual fund that tracked the S&P 500 and spent his career
finger-painting, he’d have $8 billion. Wisely, D’Antonio refrains from
offering an estimate of Trump’s net worth. When Timothy O’Brien, a New York Times journalist, suggested in Trump Nation (2005)
that Trump probably wasn’t a billionaire at all, he was sued for libel.
The case was eventually thrown out, as Trump must have known it would
be, but O’Brien’s publisher is thought to have spent much more money
defending the book than it could have made.

8 Likes

Careful now. Remember the last time a fascist was given paint supplies? Didn’t end so well for Europe and the Jews.

21 Likes

Corollary to Godwin’s Law:

In any prolonged discussion, the probability of someone comparing Donald Trump to Hitler approaches 100%.

11 Likes

Fixed that for ya!

7 Likes

Third draft: If Donald Trump is allowed to speak for any appreciable amount of time, he will inevitably make it impossible not to compare him to Hitler…

23 Likes

Ay yai yai - howsabout

If Donald Trump is allowed to speak, he will inevitably find it impossible not to compare himself to Hitler.

8 Likes

I think you guys are getting closer!

How about ‘Given enough time, Donald Trump’s resemblance to Hitler will eventually reach 100%’

9 Likes

13 Likes

aaaaand Trump is Hitler. Whew! for a Monday, you guys, we are getting a lot done!

12 Likes

Presented without comment, other than to say that the headline for this non-satirical article (the National Review, of course) is Donald Trump Is the Good Guy.

2 Likes

Go us!

8 Likes

5 Likes

Seems we’re pretty much past understanding that the rational people of the world find DT to be a racist, bigoted, gasbag of unending narcissistic bloviation. According to his diatribes in the latest debate, in addition to booting the Mexicans, Chinese, and ISIS from our golden shores, he wants to “shut down” the ‘internets’ of gastly places like Syria…and wherever those terr’rists are hanging out making us Not-Great.
You know.
Because America “isn’t winning anymore”. {GIF* of gushing head wound from bashing one’s head into the appropriate computer parts}

Another tip-top tiddlebit from the Idiot’s UnRoundtable last night was that Trump thinks America should cause some unspecified harm to families of muslim people who commit terrorist acts against the country.

When Rand Paul is the voice of reason in the room, it’s time to break out the camping gear and GTFOH.

*slightly intoned “F” with notes of caramel and nutmeg

4 Likes

He’d be exactly the sort of leader under whom the Goebbels, Gorings, Himmlers and the like would rapidly emerge.

“Do some unspecified harm to that bunch” - “oh yes, I know just what to do to them”

1 Like
“I would knock the hell out of ISIS… [and] when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families,” the Republican presidential candidate said on Fox & Friends. “I say ISIS is our number one threat, we have a president who doesn’t know what he is doing and all he’s worried about is climate change, he thinks climate change is something that’s going to go kill us.”

Donald, the idiot fascist, Trump

2 Likes

:astonished::scream:

:astonished::scream:

No words.

3 Likes

And even in the face of an audience question in the most recent debate specifically about his suggestion that we go after the families of terrorists, he doubled down. The man is appalling.

And gee, I wonder what reasons a terrorist might give for planning/launching such an attack on America? “They invaded my country and killed members of my family” or some variation thereof.

Perhaps Trump is simply a tribalist, or a spokesman for “honor culture”?

4 Likes

Let’s look at his stock portfolio. I’m betting armaments. Tracking devices. AI.

Anything that “counters the threat”

Do you think that’s the case? Maybe at the margins, but I assumed* that he was essentially a real estate ‘investor/developer’ (the scare quotes are there to suggest that he’s actually just a guy who was given shitload of money at birth). He doesn’t strike me as a person who’d have much of a conscience when choosing investments.

Hmm. No it appears he simply “invests USA”. Scattergun. He does, or did, have a little Halliburton.

I’m pleased to see he invested in Volkswagen hahahahahahaha haha HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like