Trump pardons Steve Bannon, Elliot Broidy, Lil Wayne, others — 73 pardons, 70 commutations

Hrm… in rather depressing news for the industrial scene.

ETA - oops - this was parody/satire. NVM.

1 Like

I’m not sure that’s real? It looks like a parody page?

Hold on… let me go investigate.

[ETA] Yep… parody!

3 Likes

They’ll also show up here eventually: https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardons-granted-president-donald-trump

Edit to add: and we had to double check because it wasn’t obvious it was satire :-/

4 Likes

pardons may be given pre-emptively. ford gave one to nixon before he was charged with anything.

4 Likes

So, even if it is not certain what specifically is being pardoned. Weird. Just like a ‘get out of jail free’ card in Monopoly.

Fucking dumb system if you ask me. Bad enough a President has the power to start with, but it ought to be for specific convicted crimes.

3 Likes

OMG, LOL, he had a car waiting… that is some (misplaced) confidence.

4 Likes

OH shit - I didn’t look at the rest of the site - just the main article, which didn’t ring any alarms. Yeah, I guess it is satire.

Still - it isn’t like it was that far fetched, honestly.

1 Like

I don’t think such folks would be on his radar… Hell, the Tiger King couldn’t get one, and he was one of the most high profile people in 2020, due to that show…

But yeah… satire is dead. Long live satire, i guess!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.