Trump’s bid to end the Mar a Lago FBI investigation ends in humiliation for his pet judge

Until there’s a name given to the crime, I would settle for disbarment. (If you’ve got a crime to name, I’d certainly be interested.)

2 Likes

Almost seems like I have a point when I get furious at Biden et al for saying they don’t support expanding the SC.

3 Likes

balance is not really a relevant concept

the goal is not a limit of 50% fascists

20 Likes

Lacked sufficient evidence?
Lets recap, basically every decision she made in the case has been reversed because they were based on bending, ignoring, or twisting relevant laws and precedents with extremely weird and weak reasoning - that always just so happened to favour Trump. She made arguments for Trumps lawyers, and gave them things they didn’t even ask for, in addition to almost everything they did ask for.
And the she took the case on, despite the whole thing very clearly being outside of her jurisdiction in the first place.
That isn’t enough evidence of Cannon’s bias in Trump’s favour? What did Judge Pryor want, Cannon to say under oath “Yep, I didn’t just put my thumb on the scales - I straight up fucking elbow dropped them.”

14 Likes

black and white film GIF

Always and forever.

9 Likes

Planes and trains…bit of a mixed metaphor there.

4 Likes

I wonder how much kompromat Trump has on her.

1 Like

Yes, try to keep on an even keel.

18 Likes

I’m not that well versed on the law to be able to cite the exact statute being violated so I can only give you a layperson’s guess: obstruction of justice? Conduct unbecoming a judge? Violation of oath?

Fortunately the federal government has an entire department devoted to investigating and prosecuting such crimes, so hopefully we’ll find out soon.

Problem is, as I understand it, there are only so many judges that retire and need to be replaced. Bush and Trump confirmed MASSIVE numbers of judges, so even if Biden went full-bore on confirmation, his influence in this area is going to be somewhat limited.

1 Like

He doesn’t even need it if she is a true believer.

4 Likes

I’m not worried on that score yet:

17 Likes

Well damn, I was wrong. That is some good news.

8 Likes

Good to know. For whatever reason, I was under the impression that there were lots and lots of open seats, and it’s just a slow process to recruit and onboard judges, though the trumpers seem to have really hit the gas pedal on it, and that’s why we got so many Cannons and her ilk. And wow, was I way wrong! Yay!

7 Likes
7 Likes

Do you have misconduct in public office still?

It is a common law criminal offence in the UK.

3 Likes

Why couldn’t she just be a true believer in Trumpism?

8 Likes

5 Likes

“I still like beer”

5 Likes

I don’t know why this has become a plane thread, but I’m not going to argue.
How about a ‘whistling tit’?

5 Likes