Supreme Court rejects Trump's appeal in Mar-A-Lago documents case

Originally published at: Supreme Court rejects Trump's appeal in Mar-A-Lago documents case | Boing Boing

20 Likes

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

31 Likes

Jan 6th committee just voted to subpoena Trump.

46 Likes

Keanu Reeves GIF

16 Likes

Not really surprising. This court is clearly willing to take some heat for ideological goals, but they’ve shown little interest in helping to save [expletive deleted] from his own dumbass self.

21 Likes

I’m glad. And so far, you’re right. but i have zero faith in the rightwing justices on that court to do what is morally, let alone legally, right. So yeah, this is a bit of a relief that there might be SOME lines…

14 Likes

Turning into a downpour:

(excerpt) The committee’s Thursday hearing also featured testimony from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson who recounted how she and then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows crossed paths with a “raging” Trump [on Dec. 11, 2020] as he walked out of the Oval Office, telling Meadows: “I don’t want people to know we lost, Mark. This is embarrassing. We need to figure it out. I don’t want people to know that we lost.”

27 Likes

That’s nice, but are they going to make him show up?

Bugs the hell out of me that a subpoena is absolutely dead-on required for everyone in the country – unless your excuse is “I’m in the hospital,” you go to jail if you don’t show up. But if you’re a Republican politician, pundit, or dirty trickster, you get to blow it off without any penalties.

21 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.02.30 PM

17 Likes

I think even Thomas recognized he couldn’t step in on this one and help Trump. His wife is probably livid, though.

26 Likes

I agree, I’m assuming it’s self-interest on their part. I hope Trump takes it personally and attacks them.

16 Likes

I need to drive over to Clifton tonight and see who’s in the dog house at the Thomas residence! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

That’s mostly been true, but I’m looking forward to Steve Bannon being sentenced next week for contempt of Congress:

26 Likes

Unless their ideological goal remains pretty much unchanged and they just want to clear the way for DeSantis.

7 Likes

It’s got to be a bad day to be Trump, in between the Supreme Court rejection, the Jan 6 committee subpoenaing him, and the revelation of evidence that he had his employees hide documents after he got the court order to return them…

They skipped a “request to appear” (because they did know he would ignore it) and went straight to the subpoena - i.e. he goes to jail (like Bannon) if he doesn’t show up. They are not fucking around.

23 Likes

31 Likes

I very much hope so, but it’s still going to be interesting to see how that would play out. In practice, what would the Secret Service detail assigned to Donald Trump do if someone came by to slap a pair of handcuffs on him?

11 Likes

I’m not advocating anything, but there is still time for Orange Julius to go the way of the fictional President Morgan Clark! One sure-fire way out of all the messes and a relief for everyone else. (for the Babylon 5 fans out there :alien:)

3 Likes

I’d rather see him suffer the ignominy and humiliation of real legal and financial consequences, rather than taking the easy way out. I want to see him suffer.

15 Likes

Geez, talk about burying the lede. That’s the most important news of the day and it’s buried at the end of the article.

4 Likes