Trump so befuddled on health insurance, he thinks it costs $1 a month when you're 21

Can’t we just revel in the fact that he disclosed in the same NYT interview that his speech in Poland was the single greatest speech ever given by an American president on foreign soil? That’s what some of the brightest people are saying, at least. High quality people.

“Ich bin ein Dummkopf”

10 Likes

This man has no idea how the real world works. I very much doubt he could tell us how much his insurance or his employees insurance is. Someone else manages all that for him.

6 Likes

I’m not sure what annoys me more, how clueless he is or that y’all are paying on average $393/mo for coverage.
That’s just insane.

/UK
//We’ll be following your lead if our idiots-in-charge have anything to say about it.

9 Likes

… and I thought both are the exact opposite to each other in the US:

When you die someone gets a lot of money - life insurance

You die if you don’t spend a lot of money - health insurance

9 Likes

As an avid TV-watcher, especially of Fox News, he’s probably seen way too many of those “We’ll cover you for one dollar a month! And your payment will never change!” commercials.

14 Likes

Shit, I’m on an excellent plan and my mail order drug co-pays alone come to about $200 a month. Never mind the premiums. Granted I’m on a lot of drugs, but still –

What a complete, fucking, moronic douchebag.

ETSubtract comma.

6 Likes

And the beat(ing) goes on:

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/538171317/fact-check-trumps-confusing-remarks-to-senate-republicans-on-health-care

8 Likes

Thanks for explaining that. A lot of the stupid promises he made regarding health insurance while on the campaign trail now make more sense. This explains so much.

And now I’m even more afraid.

14 Likes

It’s too rich. I think only some avant-garde, conceptual dance could come closest to conveying Trump’s ineptitudes.

By pure coincidence, that dance would look like a whole bunch of people running down the street, screaming.

9 Likes

That is the price for funeral insurance.

10 Likes

Exactly! Quite literally, and with no snark intended, this is likely the case.

When considering things like that, it must be remembered that this is an old, likely senile man who’s never had to work a day in his life, has always known a world of being obscenely wealthy, proudly proclaims that he never reads newspapers, magazines, or books, does not use the internet (outside of Twitter), and for whom things like “insurance” are just details taken care of by an army of assistants. It’s not at all surprising that the weird complexities of life & health insurance are a mystery to him that he’s faking his way through.

16 Likes

Whats more dangerous than someone who doesn’t know something, is someone who thinks they know something - and even over estimates how much they know.

The cognitive dissonance that Democrats are bad has to be the main reason that anyone can still look at this guy as knowing WTF he is doing. He uses the exact same speech patters. You literally could take his speeches and make a mad libs and as long as you didn’t use the words “butt” and “farted” too many times, it would sound like a believable quote.

9 Likes

“Incurious” is the nicest bad thing I have ever heard someone say about Trump. I am going to file that o e away for those times I want to say “ignorant fucktard-in-chief”, but find myself in civilized company.

7 Likes

sarcasm aside. They both work in similar manners in that you pay in a premium that is far less to the potential amount you will take and the binder hopes you never call in on cashing out. The difference in them is that with LI it is obviously a smaller premium for a far larger payout with far less frequency across the pool, and with HI it is a much higher premium for a much smaller total payout with a far greater frequency across the pool.

I think the thing that is important to remember (in all seriousness) is that the three primary rights are to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. and in 2017 in order to maintain LIFE…you must have health insurance. Life insurance helps maintain financial stability in the event of tragedy. HI though is necessary; especially with more and more people adhering to the value of preventative medicine.

2 Likes

That doesn’t even make sense.

7 Likes

Why should he though? He’s never needed it and if he did, he wasn’t the one who purchased it for himself and his family. @simonize is entirely correct when he says the rich live in a different world from the rest of us proles.

6 Likes

I sort of feel like someone needs to make these as an art project and sell them onilne.

5 Likes

John Cleese has got you covered!

18 Likes

What on earth makes you think he gives his employees insurance? This is, after all, a man who goes to great lengths to not pay the people he hires anything at all.

Which is really the only kind of insurance the poors actually need anyway. Why waste perfectly good health care on those people?

5 Likes

Exactly, very much agreed. I have zero love for Trump but I don’t think this is a case of him being an utter moron, it’s someone dealing with an utterly foreign concept that they’ve decided to bluster their way through rather than educate themselves. But since he doesn’t read…

5 Likes