Trump sues co-founders of Truth Social company in an attempt to seize their shares

All that fiber can’t be coming from his hamberder diet.

3 Likes

anyone with half a brain realized this was (to steal from another poster) a Trump and Dump scheme.

13 Likes

You’ve got it wrong. The RNC will be paying.

7 Likes

Are those the people that did the fast-fuck Mastodon rip-off? (Apparently it still calls posts “toots” in Dutch, so I doubt they’ve switched to ripping-off another Fediverse app.)

4 Likes

Also good.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::triumph::triumph:

2 Likes

There’s not enough popcorn in the world for discovery.

13 Likes

They should start attacking Trump’s family.

13 Likes

tumblr_madas29opD1qchfeio2_r1_250

tumblr_madas29opD1qchfeio3_250

tumblr_madas29opD1qchfeio4_250

10 Likes

I have been told by people who have looked into this that the Truth Social software is simply a fork of an older Mastodon version. They rebadged it, but reportedly haven’t applied recent security patches, so it’s assumed to be full of unpatched vulnerabilities. That has … potential.

Really, given that all they wanted was to throw something up there as fast as possible so that they could say they had a social media business, I’m surprised they didn’t just go with the $89 Twitter clone offered by a Russian developer. I guess they didn’t even want to pay that much.

15 Likes

And today this:

Lift a stone and lo! Them pesky Russians again!
Trump is in it up to his neck.

11 Likes

I just hope both teams lose

7 Likes

That’s close, but there’s an important distinction. It’s a fork, but they crossed the line when they claimed someone else’s software as their own. Morally, but also legally - they are required to honor the license, which involved telling people of the origin of the code, and offering to share any improvements they made. So, a reskin would be described as a fork, but this license violation is basically stealing code.

13 Likes

True. But you know what? On reflection, I think I’m good with not having access to any “improvements” Truth Social might have made to the codebase. I don’t get the impression that these people are what you might call sparkling with competence, if you know what I mean …

8 Likes

This is that Trump person famous for making deals? I sincerely hope this is him setting fire to his last lifeboat.

7 Likes

Since that piece was written in 2021, how has that been resolved? Was there a lawsuit?

3 Likes

So its safe to say its a playground for identity thieves, scammers and other nefarious online activity.

5 Likes

Enough about Trump, what happens if the vulnerabilities are taken advantage of?

10 Likes

Indeed:

Investor in company that took Trump Media public pleads guilty to insider trading

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/investor-company-that-took-trump-media-public-pleads-guilty-insider-trading-2024-04-03/

An early investor in the company that took former U.S. President Donald Trump’s media business public pleaded guilty in Manhattan on Wednesday to a federal insider trading charge.

Gerald Shvartsman pleaded guilty at a hearing before U.S. District Judge Lewis Liman.

Prosecutors charged Shvartsman, his brother and a third man last year with illegally trading on inside information about Trump Media & Technology Group’s (TMTG) (DJT.O)plan to go public through a merger with a blank-check company. TMTG operates Truth Social, Trump’s main social media platform.

7 Likes

Its two people now
https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/investor-company-that-took-trump-media-public-pleads-guilty-insider-trading-2024-04-03/

4 Likes