Trump the Chump (Part 1)

Speaking of grifting…

“In an indictment unsealed on Wednesday, federal prosecutors charged Tunstall and Robert Reyes with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and to lie to the Federal Election Committee. They allege that of the roughly $3.5 million raised by the PACs they ran during the 2016 election, “only approximately $19 were distributed to any candidate’s authorized campaign committee or to any political cause, while a total of more than $1.5 million was used to benefit” the PAC operators themselves“

$19.00!

:rofl:

16 Likes

Please, please let him go broke and lose everything.

19 Likes

Truman Show Reaction GIF by Laff

15 Likes
13 Likes

Putin or Saudis?

11 Likes

“No, Mr Trump, you see we now know that none of these properties was ever in your name, thanks to the machinations of your erstwhile CFO, who has been telling us all sorts of things in return for favourable treatment in prison. Anyway, the Russian shell company who actually owned the controlling stakes in your holdings has sold all its shares to a second holding company, which has liquidated all its assets in vacant possession. We’ve tried to trace back the web of holding companies, but President for Life Putin has personally blocked any access to any details, for some reason.Which means, Mr Trump, that you are being evicted from their properties, effective immediately. Yes, that includes all Trump Towers, and Mar-a-lago. Do you have friends with whom you can stay? It seems that all of your family members were included in the same scheme, and they’re all homeless as well. Except for Melania and Barron, who are quite happy in a mansion in Paris.”

10 Likes

Hell, it could be any of our enemies, I mean his friends.

6 Likes

Any info on who is behind this group, and how many degrees of separation to Putin? Because, seriously, who does this shit?

7 Likes

Money laundering scheme.

9 Likes

You mean “90% of the Russian Economy”?

4 Likes

I wonder what their scam is? The serious hoteliers and bean-crunchers dropped out at ~$200M or so, I think.

6 Likes

Political favors after ‘24? Laundering does seem like the grift here. Hilton is involved which is odd on the surface. Window dressing.

5 Likes

I have to think that several schemes are involved. Finance the loan as a way to bring the money into the country. Rent back space to themselves at inflated rates to bring dirty money in. Run it like an intelligence gathering facility like overseas - the bar there is a huge right wing hangout- lots of info can be picked up - by people and mics. They can have cameras in the rooms and compromise people.

I’m sure there’s a thousand different scams they can run.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Isn’t this a crime?

or did they forget to make it illegal for a president to tell a vice-president to falsify an election result

13 Likes

I know technically there’s no law against fondling a live fish with lascivious intent in a school zone on a Tuesday while dressed as a clown, but only because nobody realised it was a thing we needed a law against.

13 Likes

Winner gets the presidency, and the runner up gets the vice presidency.

Setting “ambition against ambition” might have sounded like a great idea, but it really hasn’t worked out all that well.

Go back to the original system? Adams defeated Jefferson making Jefferson vice president, where he routinely undercut Adams.

3 Likes

“Vice President Trump” would be a fucking disaster. The 12th amendment, which lays out the Jan 6 procedure, ended that scheme. However, the writers of the constitution still believed that bad actors would find it difficult to maintain the coalitions that sustained their power.

Book teasers.

McCarthy, Karl writes, would alert the White House about McConnell’s plan to disinvite Trump. And before the letter could be drafted, “Trump sent out a tweet saying he wouldn’t be attending.”

8 Likes