Trump the Chump (Part 2)

12 Likes
11 Likes

Of course, that helps explain the direct attack the GOP house members are making on the IRS…

10 Likes

The biggest donors to GOP lawmakers are exactly the ones who don’t want to be found out in an audit.

13 Likes

Yep, and they know if they gut the IRS, they’re less likely to go after the big fish who have the means to battle it out, vs. going after pennies from working class people…

11 Likes

and that is what will be done in order to “look busy”.
this is no time for plebs like us to try to cheat the taxman, Professor!

12 Likes

Yep… but honestly, I’m a big believer in paying one’s taxes, as it’s the actual patriotic thing to do… Of course, I’d love for my tax dollars to go for the things that help all of us instead of for just killing people in other countries…

17 Likes

I only resent paying a higher percentage of my income than billionaires do.

17 Likes

Exactly.

12 Likes
11 Likes

10 Likes

More’s the pity that staffers didn’t tell all while Trump was still in office.

13 Likes

We could all tell from our various homes around the country (world, really), so why did it take so long for people who worked for him every day to figure it out?

11 Likes

13 Likes

I love lamp.

7 Likes

He’d probably try to blackmail Denmark. “Give us Greenland, or we’ll tell China you did it.”

11 Likes

There’s a Greg Egan book, I forget which one, where people are allowed to specify what their tax goes to, and obviously the military has the biggest advertising budget so they get all the money.

There is an argument to be made that SF authors ought not to go around giving evil people notions…

6 Likes

I’ve heard people push that idea of us deciding where our tax dollars go… Much like the flat tax or a national sales tax, I think it’s pretty much libertarian hooey.

Unfortunately for sci-fi authors, people often mistake their dytopian ideas for aspirational!

9 Likes

Chump Change:

10 Likes

They still wont pay it.

13 Likes