Trump to sign yet another trash executive order, this time on 'the cyber'

That may be a boundary worth investigating, however, that has nothing to
do with the injunctive relief currently being sought within the US
Federal Government. Within US law, there is no such boundary. Someone
will have to take that up with the UN for review. And you have to know,
it would be surprising if that even came before the UN review as Trump
is already interested in withdrawing from the UN.

You’re wrong.

I’m repeating myself:
Article VI, Clause 2; United States Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;

14 Likes

After last week’s barrage of EOs, even some Senate Republicans are publicly asking this question. I hope they’re also asking, at least to themselves, what the everloving f–k they were thinking in supporting someone who has a lifetime history of authoritarian-style management.

7 Likes

Gosh, I had the weirdest brain fart of actually being sad that Jeb Bush isn’t president.

10 Likes

It’s an image thing. Trump really loves the spectacle of signing leather-clad documents and having his picture taken. It makes him feel like an emperor when he passes laws without due process and makes it look like he’s being super productive during his first week in office, wielding a pen to take away rights and such.

9 Likes

One might even argue that Obama didn’t go far enough by not including the United States as well.

9 Likes

Barring children from eating for 20 hours sounds like it to me.

13 Likes

How about starting with giving up that janky Samsung phone, Don?
Or does your pal Vlad handle your telephony needs?

Not a single terrorist attack in the US has been carried out by people from these countries. None. No refugee has carried out a terrorist attack. These are people who have been victimized by our wars, since we’re bombing most of these. Trump ASKED Guilliani to create a Muslim ban that was legal. Their words. The fact that they are planning on allowing in people of minority religions only is part of that.

You’re anti-humanist stance isn’t fooling anyone here.

Yes. It is. Go spread your Islamophobia elsewhere, please. It’s not welcome here.

23 Likes

Due process is in the bill of rights.

9 Likes

Except, it lets in people of minority religions, and Trump specifically asked Guiliani to draft it so he could legally create a muslim ban. Out of their own fucking mouths.

8 Likes

Of course, @Ezra doesn’t believe Muslims are human beings who should be according full human rights.

14 Likes

closing 868 polling places in the south in primarily poor and minority (i.e. Democratic) areas.

Welcome to BoingBoing.

16 Likes

Smells like gravy for the cybercrud industry. Good thing Rudy Giuliani has divested himself of his company, right?

4 Likes
1 Like

I thought the definitions of Critical infrastructure were suitably vague as to include whatever they are pointing at when they say “Critical Infrastructure”.

Does “…any contractor on it’s behalf…” mean that if some government agency uses phones from Verizon that they are a government contractor?

Business Executives - Don’t worry! This doesn’t mean we will go in and air your dirty laundry. This is just about security.

1 Like

This is used as a means to frighten people and control them, similar to the so-called “threat” of Jewish people by the Nazis. The chance of you being hit by a terrorist attack are minuscule. Life is full of uncertainties. You are under documented threat of being diagnosed with cancer.

The “terrorists” are large criminal gangs, doing criminal things. They should be treated as criminals, not as a world-wide threat that will annihilate everyone. That’s just an excuse for manipulating people for political purposes.

ETA missing words.

13 Likes

Sadly, also homeopathic woo, probably some anti-vax. We might need a wise fool to whisper “Oliver Cromwell” in King Charles’ ear now and then.

6 Likes

Wow, @Ezra, way to be pedantic and try to sidestep the actual issue.

It’s interesting but everything I can find about Islam defines it as a religion. Islamic culture and government are based on the Islamic religion in much the same way the US culture and government are based on Christian religions.

It’s sad, back in pre-9/11 times we used to hear about the different Muslim sects (Sunni/Shiite/Sufis/Baha’is/Druze/Alevis/Alawis ) but now it’s all just “Muslims”. I’m sure this is not at all like the Nazi’s lumping all the Jews in together to make them a nice homogeneous target, right? .

9 Likes

Not sure why you’re replying to me instead of @ezra, but I agree.

This poster is just being a bigot and knows nothing about Islam.

ETA - although I disagree with this:

But this guy would probably agree with you:

6 Likes