Trump to visit FEMA for coronavirus video call with Governors. What could go wrong?

Noon: “No really, we don’t have all those FEMA camps that the conspiracy theories say. That’s just crazy-talk. The President misspoke.”

4 Likes

No, but this will be the soundtrack for us all.

5 Likes

FEMA should have been activated a month ago; gathering resources, making local connections and identifying infrastructure and supplies.

7 Likes

By the timeline that I saw, South Korea identified its very first case of the virus on the same day that the US did. So Dear Leader dithered and downplayed the problem “it’s a hoax by the Dems and also fake news!”, while South Korea ramped up immediately to begin extensive testing and preparations for treatment.

13 Likes
6 Likes

And there was no reason not to. I understand by how his twisted logic he wanted to downplay and suppress the numbers, but activating FEMA would have been like checking the oil before a long trip. He wouldn’t even have to have made an announcement.

6 Likes

Oh man, I can’t wait for the photo op of Trump throwing rolls of toilet paper to the crowd at a disaster relief centre.

3 Likes

If the pres was Christopher Walken the announcement would be for more cowbell.

If only.

2 Likes

A French study of 48 people was released yesterday that showed an anti-malarial drug improved the recovery time of COVID-19 patients by ~50%. Maybe someone told trump about it and he will announce that a cure was found and the pandemic is now over.

Or maybe he’ll just talk about how perfect his response has been and double down on the fictitious google website that Jared Kushner’s using to profiteer from the pandemic.

2 Likes

Exactly. He could have insisted that testing capabilities be immediately increased. He could have required CDC to acquire the WHO tests until we developed our own version. Because he is only capable of viewing everything through the lens of himself, his initial reaction was to downplay the threat and deny the problem. And blame it on the Dems and the media.

5 Likes

Is it too late for Walken to run?

3 Likes

As much as I dislike Trump, I would like to hope he (or someone in his administration) has finally gotten their shit together, simply because of the human lives at stake.

But I have yet to see evidence that he ever knows what he’s doing. He cares about the image of competence, not actual competence. And as long as Sean Hannity is there to back him up, at least half of the population will approve.

3 Likes

Available from Ivanka’s company.

1 Like

Or better yet, hand off management of the crisis to someone who does know what the hell they are doing.

3 Likes

Deat ghod, how I wish we had Joe Biden in the driver’s seat right now.

Massachusetts seems to have it in for my President

Mitt Romney former Massachusetts Governor
The Utah senator’s vote marked the first time in U.S. history that a senator voted to convict a president from his own party in an impeachment trial.

Charlie Baker current Massachusetts Governor
During a conference call between state officials and President Donald Trump on Thursday, Massachusetts Republican Governor Charlie Baker said the state had been outbid by the federal government while attempting to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) during the coronavirus pandemic.

So that didn’t go so well.

1 Like

Honestly, his COVID staff has to keep him from accessing bad info (as other WH staff have done re other matters in order to keep the US safe from him).

1 Like

Note that Trump has been telling states that they have to buy supplies themselves because “we’re not shipping clerks”.

Hoarders then?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.