Trump uses racist logic to prove that Judge Juan Merchan hates him: "Just look at him!" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/21/trump-uses-racist-logic-to-prove-that-judge-juan-merchan-hates-him-just-look-at-him-video.html

8 Likes

Last I’d hear Merchan didn’t include himself in the list of people Trump wasn’t allowed to attack in that gag order, though he did include his family members and court staff. Regardless, it’s obviously a really, really dumb strategy to make racist attacks against the judge who may control your fate…

29 Likes

When I look at him, I see an intelligent, wise, patient, civilized, honest man.

In other words, vulgarian merkin von bankrupt’s polar opposite.

24 Likes

“My client deserves a retrial. The judge was unable to perform his duties with unbiased judgement after my client slandered him so consistently and comprehensively.”

27 Likes

I think that’s basically the reason Merchan left his own name off the list of people Trump couldn’t defame—he didn’t want to give the asshole anything that might be used as a basis for appeal by claiming Merchan was punishing Trump for personal reasons.

19 Likes

If people can tell someone is going to hate you just by looking at them, that generally says bad things about you, not them.

19 Likes

You know who else is from Columbia, Donald?

Judge Aileen Cannon.

19 Likes

JAIL for him.

6 Likes

Donald may unintentionally be speaking the truth for a change.

By this point in the trial, after all the abuse and disrespect shown by Trump, the threats Trump and his goons have made against his staff and family, the judge would need the “patience of Job” to not hate him.

5 Likes

I don’t get it, where is the banana?

21 Likes

“Take a look at where he comes from.”

Earth? Most of the people there do admittedly hate you, Donny.

9 Likes

The Apprentice started 20 years ago, so any advanced aliens as far as 40 Eridani probably do too.

9 Likes

Some MAGAt funded a plane to fly up and down the Hudson trailing a sign that read “PRESIDENT TRUMP DID NOTHING WRONG” today. Saw it at lunchtime.

I wanted to know where was a good surface to air missile battery when you really need one

6 Likes

Ok, let’s indulge Mr. Trump for a minute and look at Judge Merchan.
Or even a younger Judge Merchan.

If you told me this guy’s name was Juan Merchan, John Smith, Ian McDonald, or Hans Zimmer, I would believe you. He looks to be pretty average European. Not that it would matter if he were 100% indigenous American, of course, but I don’t even know what Trump is trying to say here. What am I supposed to see when I look at him?

15 Likes

“Someone who is mean to 45; that makes him bad.”

Damn, I hate this stupid timeline; that’s actually ‘the rationale’ which much of his ilk believes.

11 Likes

I think something like
But, you know, some version where the secret mind control monsters are the… not capitalists…?

3 Likes

The judge is kind of hot, in an academic way!

The “Just look at him” is a dog whistle. MAGAs will understand the tacit message from its source and their own prejudices.

9 Likes

Wait? What!? Trump is racist? I better watch this video. I never knew he was a racist. Can’t be true.

6 Likes

he does have great hair! gives me hair envy.

5 Likes

It has been reported that a commonly-available laser pointer is a danger to airplanes. I don’t recommend endangering the pilot(s) unless you can be certain:

1. They are responsible for the banner
  2. The crash and debris won’t hurt innocents on the ground.
2 Likes