Trump wants armed federal agents at polling sites, DHS chief says NOPE

This is just fan dancing. He says this in public to protect himself but he’s meeting with Il Douche in private to decide exactly where to send the plain-clothes no-ID goon squads.

2 Likes

I’m going with team “He’ll be replaced”. Trump wants armed thugs in [certain] poling places to protect the vote [against potential democratic voters]. If Wolfe won’t do it, he’ll be replaced with someone else. Or possibly ICE will step in. Or the Boogaloo boys.

I expect to hear trump mention “illegal voters” and “2nd amendment solutions” together in a bunch of tweets soon.

I hope you’re right! Does seem a bit more organized and formalized this time. And everyone is waaaay more armed to the teeth than I’ve ever seen before. And given that it’s all encouraged from the effin president, It’s no longer fringe. Talk of armed revolution is practically mainstream now, or so it seems to me. Especially if people think the election was somehow stolen. They’re an easily worked up bunch and the reasons to get them worked up post-election are already being established.

Agreed, and I should probably clarify when I say “we’re doomed” it’s a figure of speech and I’m not in any way advocating giving up. Clarifying exactly what he’s doing is the best defense I can think of.

Of course, and that goes without saying. But what worries me is what happens if he looses the election. He’s paving the way for some really scary post election turmoil.

2 Likes

Sadly, according to the Department of Peacemaking and Political Affairs:

Requests for electoral assistance can be made by the head of government or the minister of foreign affairs of the UN Member State. In some circumstances, requests from other entities such as a ministry involved in the planning and implementation of the election or the electoral commission may also be considered as acceptable. Requests for electoral assistance made by groups within the legislature, political parties, civil society or other entities cannot be accepted.[Emphasis added] Requests for electoral assistance must be made by an organ of the Member State authorized to bind the state in agreements with the UN. National electoral management bodies do not normally have this authority, but their requests may be acceptable if we have Member State consent.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.