Conservative operatives charged with voter intimidation after nasty robocall campaign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/conservative-operatives-charged-with-voter-intimidation-after-nasty-robocall-campaign.html

13 Likes

Hi, from Michigan. You’re welcome, America!

44 Likes

Wohl finally commits his big boy federal felony and the news gets buried under the Trumps getting Covid-19. He can’t even crime right.

I’d expect nothing less from such a brain trust.

40 Likes

Note to the Michigan AG: Wohl and Burkman are small-time, incredibly stupid stooges. By all means, they should be prosecuted to the fullest. But someone is bankrolling these losers. That is where the real criminals can be found. (Koch’s, Mercers (cough, cough)).

33 Likes

Alas, these are state felonies. Still big-boy state felonies, but not federal.

On the bright side, he still has something to shoot for…

15 Likes

Can’t be pardoned by Drumpf.

34 Likes

Grumpy_Cat-Good

23 Likes

I can’t understand Wohl. What does he get out of this? It doesn’t appear that he could be making tons of money. Clearly you can’t act this way and think that you are doing a “good thing”. Is he getting back at his liberal parents? What?

11 Likes

Backpfeifengesicht.

10 Likes

I kind of like state felonies for these guys, because that means state prison instead of federal.

But I guess I ought to get past that. It’s not ok to wish inhumane conditions on the incarcerated.

6 Likes

Publicly doing Trump’s bidding and brown nosing him is verifiably profitable, look at how many donors and supporters have gotten government contracts and/or jobs.

19 Likes

This is clearly true, but it also seems to only be true of people who already have a successful grift. It doesn’t look like Wohl falls in that category.

7 Likes

I wonder if they could also be charged under federal law as well…

My possibly incorrect understanding though is that federal court tends to move less slowly than state court. But hey, I can be patient.

8 Likes

8 Likes

@vector and @dommerdoodle, German is such a useful language. :smiley:

ha ha

11 Likes

I just left a hipster coffee shop packed with liberals who were whispering amongst each other about what a miscarriage of justice this is.

10 Likes

My Halloween costume this year is “Jack Burkman”-- pretty simple, I wear a nice suit, but walk around all day with the fly open.

2 Likes

Pretty much any kind of conspiracy/meddling nowadays is going to involve a computer, broadly defined. I don’t see why we need so many extra charges for doing something with a computer. If they had made these same “arrangements” by sneaker-net, would they be less heinous? Less deserving of prison?

2 Likes

Perhaps they’ll get sent to the prison near Marquette in the Upper Peninsula. I find it one of the prettiest areas in the state. They might catch the fall colors next autumn.

1 Like

The trick is to deny them bail and hold them for trial.

5 Likes