Right-wing troll Jacob Wohl finally charged with a felony

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/04/feds-issue-arrest-warrant-com.html

6 Likes

I was trying to remember where I had heard that name before…

Turns out he wasn’t the grifter founder of TPUSA (that was Charlie Kirk), he was the one who put together the defamation frauds against Mueller and Buttigieg. Glad he’s getting his just des(s)erts.

13 Likes

Only $5,000 bond? :thinking: and a 3 year statue of limitations of securities fraud? What the actual hell?

17 Likes

These young weirdo conservatives, I really don’t get it. I was 21 trying to chase tail, I was still skateboarding, just chasing youth’s elusive dreams. I feel bad for these dudes only because it’s like what path lead you to being an asshole pretty much for the sake of being one

14 Likes

Agreed. I was busy chasing my own happiness, not others’ misery. But I guess that’s the difference, maybe to assholes like this, other people’s misery IS his happiness.

26 Likes

I love how his Wikipedia entry says “Occupation: Conspiracy theorist, fraudster, and internet troll”. It’s quite a long entry, too, for someone who’s only 21 years old!

21 Likes

While I understand the sentiment of “he’s no joke” I still can’t help but think he IS a joke, because of his many half-assed attempts at being some kind of right-wing warrior. I still chuckle when I think of the press conference he held with Jack Burkman, claiming women were sexually assaulted by Bob Mueller, and not only did they have no evidence, but Burkman’s fly was unzipped for the entire presser.

19 Likes

Feds issue arrest warrant

I’m not seeing anything in the source doc about this being a federal case.

He might be a joke, but there are plenty of enough people in positions of real power who are just as buffoonish who are doing real damage to people’s lives. He easily could have been one of them. Hell, someone who did the same kind of bullshit not too long ago, James O’Keefe, managed to bring down an organization that helped people with housing. He tried the same with Planned Parenthood, too.

We have to stop laughing at these assholes and start taking them seriously for the actual damage they are doing to our democracy. For every failed attempt like the Mueller thing, others are going to get taken seriously and ruin people’s lives.

32 Likes

I know I promised @jbarro that Jacob Wohl would commit his own big-boy federal crime soon but I’m starting to think it’s going to have to be one without a specific intent requirement because the boy’s building a pretty convincing “too fucking stupid to crime” defense.

PopeHat (Ken White)

25 Likes

In the words of “All the President’s Lawyers”: Has he committed his big boy federal crime yet?

4 Likes

You beat me to it.

2 Likes

tumblr_inline_pqutlklAqK1sviztv_1280

4 Likes

Well, “why not both”?

They get their power by projecting authority and intelligence. Mocking them exposes that fraud.

6 Likes

I’m not so sure about that. He’s still president and still doing considerable damage to our country.

I’m not saying don’t laugh, but he and people like Wohl are doing real damage here.

10 Likes

I have said since 2016 that Trump would bring the GOP crashing down. I still believe he will. The next election will prove it either way.

For the record I don’t really think Trump is a joke, but from the moment Wohl appeared on the national stage he was an obvious joke, and thankfully has stayed one so far.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/meet-trumps-new-bff-jacob-wohl?utm_content=buffer03d21&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

4 Likes

“Sad trombone sound”

Yeah, he only needed to be slightly less obviously incompetent, or, like other conservative idiots of his ilk, just luckier.

11 Likes

Exactly that.

8 Likes

Oh, I think the fun may be just beginning.

8 Likes

Trump, Boris Johnson, and for that matter, Hitler as well. Hitler wasn’t taken seriously as a threat by some as he resembled Charlie Chaplin. Chaplin regretted “The Great Dictator”, as he didn’t recognize the threat Hitler presented.

5 Likes