Trump warns Supreme Court the country will be in "big trouble" if they don't rule in his favor

You didn’t know Colin Powell was on the Supreme Court?

2 Likes

Maxine Powell was an etiquette coach in Southeast Michigan who coached the Supremes on stage presence:

But also, no that’s not what’s happening here.

8 Likes

Fixed, brain fart. Sorry.

4 Likes

brain fart

More than that actually.

2 Likes

Not easy to do when there’s no way to force them to retire, and increasing the size of the court would’ve just meant Republicans doing that again when they regain majorities.

8 Likes

It would be nice, but in my experience waaaayyy too many good people die too soon, and total shit bags keep chugging along (though I am sure that is cognitive dissonance, it’s all kinda random.)

4 Likes

Maybe, I hope not. I am occasionally an idiot, but I try pretty hard not to be that kind of idiot.

1 Like

I recall an NPR radio interview from long, long ago. I don’t remember the names of the two people involved, but the interviewee (a teen TV (?) personality) kept getting the interviewer’s first name wrong, and it went on like that for a while. The interviewer (an older gentleman) never corrected her. She finally realized (or was told soto voce) the fellow’s name. She (terribly embarrassed): “I’m so sorry!!!” He (happily and enthusiastically): “That’s all right! You can call me anything you want!” She giggled… relieved. It was such a charming moment.

2 Likes

Did you watch the one-minute clip above with Samuel L. Jackson?

He had every right to take umbrage over being confused with another person, just because they’re both black men.

A lot of white people do that. And there’s usually a reason why they do it, which is why, as I understand it, black people often find it annoying at best (and often as well, why they sometimes prefer not to brush it off in some “charming” way).

2 Likes

YES, I did, and YES, Samuel had every right “to take umbrage”. But my NPR story was NOT meant to stand as some opinion on the specifics of Jackson interview. The Jackson interview involved race, and my story involved screwing up someone’s name. And everything you said from “Jackson?” is goddamn obvious.

3 Likes

Be nice if it were more obvious to more white folks.

1 Like

Yet again…obviously.

1 Like

Can you imagine that “our” conservative majority Supreme Court would actually rule against a state’s right of self-determination??? :thinking:

3 Likes

It’ll be barricaded regardless.

2 Likes

Oh, well played! That’s a really deep cut.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://nitter.net/TOrynski/status/1744482270440788072

#polishmeme

Oldie but goldie:

“THOSE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE BUILDING THE WALL WILL STOP MIGRATION”

10 Likes

sorta guessing both were not POC…

1 Like

This was on the radio, so I have no idea about they being POC or not. Sorta wondering why you were guessing that they were not.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.