Trump warns Supreme Court the country will be in "big trouble" if they don't rule in his favor

Originally published at: Trump warns Supreme Court - Boing Boing

4 Likes

18 Likes

That SCOTUS shaped pocket in your blue suit has a hole in it.

11 Likes

Does everybody understand what I’m saying?

Stochastic political terrorism. He couldn’t spell it, pronounce it, or actually understand the actual words, but he knows what it means.

Fascist playbook 101.

45 Likes

I can only hope that actually threatening USSC justices is not rewarded. But these days, my hope is very thin covering on raging anger, so…

30 Likes

My only hope is that he dies soon, well before November.

Trump supporters are truly miserable examples of human beings.

24 Likes

Hopefully the Supremes have bigger balls than the Republican quislings in Congress.

11 Likes

“Sure is a nice courthouse 'ya got there.”

“Shame if anything were to happen to it.”

Effing geriatric diaper wearing gangster.

20 Likes

Sounds like he’s threatening Insurrection 2.0 if he doesn’t get his way.

16 Likes

Hey Tromp, catch!

UmNooo

5 Likes

Is this more of the wink, nudge mafia-boss talk? Is this him speaking in a code understood by his followers to mean, “If the Supreme Court doesn’t rule in my favor, I command you to engage in violence”?

18 Likes

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

19 Likes

“… will no one rid me of this turbulent judiciary” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

19 Likes

As I recall, they were pretty outraged when protestors showed up at the sidewalk prior to overturning Roe v. Wade. I doubt they’ll like the MAGA ones at all.

The Republican lip flip from criminals to brave 1A protestors will be as expected.

12 Likes

Indeed.

4 Likes

Yeah, he’s saying “If you don’t find that I didn’t lead an insurrection, I’m going to lead another insurrection.” It should result in the Court holding that against him, but we’ll see.

18 Likes

Will it be a “tell” of the ruling if they barricade the Supreme Court beforehand?

10 Likes

Big trouble if the Supreme Court decision doesn’t go his way? Sure enough… for Trump. Every accusation is a confession, right. (-‸ლ)

I think the Supreme Court justices are more secure, not less, ruling against the eligibility of a wannabe dictator. As much as he feels he deserves their loyalty, it isn’t going to be reciprocated.

Just like following the four years of “every day is opposite day” during the Trump reign, I feel like it’s still going to be hard to predict which way this one will go. You know, despite following the news cycle and watching all of that evidence being trotted out. And Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization (The Dobbs decision). 0_o

6 Likes

The whole power and prestige of being on the Supreme Court is as arbiters of the rule of law. If they compromise that to make Trump president, they will lose all of that - it will just become another sinecure in a corrupt system, rubber stamping whatever the leader wants.

As much as I loathe some of the Supremes, I think aside from Thomas (who should absolutely recuse himself because of his wife, but won’t because he is hopelessly corrupt), they will not support ending the rule of law.

That said, I have been disappointed before, many, many times, when I have hoped people won’t be stupid.

12 Likes

Powell?

3 Likes