Trump wingnut Sidney Powell tells Georgia Republican voters not to vote in January 5 runoff election

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/02/trump-wingnut-sidney-powell-tells-georgia-republican-voters-not-to-vote-in-january-5-runoff-election.html

9 Likes

Hopefully this will work just as well for Republicans as Trump’s repeated admonitions against voting by mail.

54 Likes

To Georgia Trump supporters:

To sane people:
We’re gonna take the Senate. We’re gonna take the Senate. Neener, neener, neener.

61 Likes

You can almost hear the music of Toadstool’s blood pressure rising. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

50 Likes

39 Likes

In the (somewhat misquoted, but still accurate) words of Napolean Bonaparte: Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.

48 Likes

DtyJgH6VAAAWwp7

67 Likes

I never thought I would agree with that idiot, but here I will say yes, MAGAts, stay home as your leader commands!

33 Likes

so conflicted on this situation. on the one hand, i obviously very strongly want both of those senate seats to go to the dem candidates, having spent all of my political donations this season toward efforts to flip the senate. but this is a short term goal. my long term thinking says that this is bad bad bad for our democracy. if the dem candidates win, it should be on the merits, not because some conspiracy theorists hoodwinked a bunch of gullible fools to suppress their own votes.

6 Likes

I see no problem with people who don’t believe in democracy not voting.

51 Likes

That is one way to interpret the phrase “Turtles all the way down”!

13 Likes

How do you think the Republicans have won in the south since Nixon? It’s not on issues, it’s on racist conspiracy bullshit.

34 Likes

I echo the sentiment that morons in GA should stay home and not vote. (PS - I grew up close to Alpharetta, and regrettably some of these idiots are probably close relations.)

Also, and I never expected to have to ask this about a US election, nor do I expect it to be prosecuted, but at what point does this stuff rise to the level of “true threats”? Assuming this is still good law, which it might not be.

5 Likes

It is on the merits. Both GOP candidates are solid Trumpies. They chose to throw in with the person who is destroying their campaigns. They wanted to associate with conspiracy theorists, hoodwinkers and the gullible as the basis for their mandate for public office. If it bites them on their collective keisters, its on them.

48 Likes

the only natural and obvious outcome of their twisted logic

5 Likes

I believe every American should have and choose to exercise their franchise. I see no contradiction between that and the fact that the GOP is inheriting the wind because it did it’s level best to try to undermine that very democracy.

23 Likes

I guess the basis of my thinking is my firm belief that everyone who is legally eligible to vote should do so, regardless of party affiliation.

2 Likes

Republicans seem to think he cares about them, but he only cares about himself.
What use does Donald Trump have for a Republican Senate majority once he’s out of office?
Everything he touches turns to shit, so the more he kibbitzes the Georgia runoff, the better.

21 Likes

The problem there is that the GOP doesn’t even if you and I do. They’ve spent decades trying to destroy American democracy and this is the mess into which it led them. They’ve long since ceased to be republicans and now are the anti-democracy party, AKA the party of fascism. Their problems aren’t the result of what Democrats and other pro-democracy Americans believe; they’re the result of what they themselves believe.

34 Likes