Fired Trump kraken attorney Sidney Powell says Georgia voters should avoid voting unless all voting machines go away

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/13/fired-trump-kraken-attorney-sidney-powell-says-georgia-voters-should-avoid-voting-unless-all-voting-machines-go-away.html

7 Likes

Good, yes, by all means they should absolutely avoid voting. Agree 100%. :man_facepalming:

65 Likes

When does the bombing of Lichtenstein begin?

12 Likes

I’m for it.

7 Likes

One funny angle about the “Dominion voting machines” conspiracy nonsense is that if Powell got her wish and we threw out all the results from counties that used those machines then Biden’s margin of victory would be even higher.

39 Likes

Cool strategy. I’m Kraken up here.

23 Likes

6th-doctor-okay-weird|nullxnull

So… they want to lose? They do know how close these races are going to be, right?

32 Likes

Shh!

32 Likes

zoe-laughs

25 Likes
27 Likes

Despite that Powell’s a political hack spewing whatever will help trump look better, I agree with a fair amount of what she’s saying. The U.S. does have horrible election security and needs much better acountability.

As she points out at one point, Elizabeth Warren was calling for an overhaul of voting security long ago. Ron Wyden proposed the PAVE Act in 2018 to shore up election security. Mitch McConnell fought hard to prevent any federal funds for improving voting before the election.

Like trump ranting about draining the swamp, they correctly identify a real problem but then work to make it worse.

43 Likes

How many times a day do you suppose Ronna McDaniel is on the phone begging Sidney Powell to stop helping?

9 Likes

Liechtenstein… :rofl:

Can’t wait for her big reveal proving her assertions. She has the Dem’s by the short hairs now.

edit, missed the first e

3 Likes

Hairs?

5 Likes

in this case the rant is to muddy the waters over disenfranchisement and voter access.

georgia, for instance, did used to have unauditable machines, but it was pointed out by @Mindysan33 to me that people actually use voting machines to print ballots now, and that the ballots have plain text easily reviewed summaries of your vote ( along with a qr code for computer scanning )

federal election security standards would be great. getting rid of paperless voting and requiring audits would be great. but right now the real issue is the gop’s disenfranchisement of minority voters.

that’s real and provable influence. ( as is citizens united money as speech issues ) all the rest is smokescreen to make this a pretend “both sides” thing

25 Likes

This is giving me the warm fuzzies, along with the MAGA rallies where they’re shouting, “Destroy the GOP!”

The thing is, the “wishes” for the various lawyers arguing these cases all amount to, “throw out the Biden votes.” They’re pretty open about not being consistent - the Texas AG suit’s stated objection was to a practice, but only targeted areas that went to Biden, not all the areas that used the exact same practice but went to Trump. It’s part of what made these cases so easy to dismiss. I suspect they’re not even intended to be valid legal strategies, but just convince the base that there’s a systemic problem.

Yeah, I think so - that’s the threat anyways. They’re trying to hold the entire GOP hostage so that it backs Trump in a coup, basically.

I read an analysis by an actual IT guy of the “expert testimony” and I’m pretty sure “Spyder” isn’t even in IT. It was just gibberish, basically, and much of it was referencing conspiracy theories, but not explicitly, so if you weren’t aware of the conspiracy theories, much of the testimony amounted to weird, completely unrelated non sequiturs.

19 Likes

Idiots. They need to write in “TRUMP” on the ballot instead.

10 Likes

Seems to be the case. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I never thought I would be in agreement with this mad woman, but every Republican voter should absolutely follow her advice.
To the letter.
Permanently.

9 Likes

As much as I believe in principle that every American citizen has a civic duty to vote, if they lose because they couldn’t say no to the Donald’s fascist bullshit, I will point and laugh.

Unfortunately, it will only make them double down on the bullshit. Which may even be the point.

5 Likes