Fired Trump kraken attorney Sidney Powell says Georgia voters should avoid voting unless all voting machines go away

True. Biden winning does not solve this problem. The GOP has to purge their party of these extremists and we have to start taking right wing Christian white supremacists movements seriously as a threat to the country.

26 Likes

That’s the ticket!

Banning voting machines? Is that like an F-150 so you can get to the polls? Or is it the scantrons which are much more accurate and secure than hand-counting? Or is it the USPS trucks which are also machines and help elderly and ill people (lots of those nowadays) vote without spreading Covid to the poll workers? Or better yet, is it banning the open-carry firearms near polls to prevent intimidation? Which machine do they want to ban?

4 Likes

Sort of like a couple of all-mouth/no-skills, company QA inspectors at my first employment. They had falsely claimed that they were NASA representatives. The claim was made at a Star Trek convention. The claim — and a photo of the two imbeciles with George Takei — ended up in the newspaper… which is how their manager and upper management learned about it. Lovely, lovely karma.

10 Likes

Trump can’t find it on a map, I’d be more worried for a larger country that starts with “L”.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether to be more glad they’re auditable, or more horrified they’re not secret

1 Like

One of the most solid and venerated republican tradition.

Right up there with: Complain that big government is incompetent and broken, then when they get power defund and restrict the government from doing its own job. Then using the fact that they ruined government as “proof” that government is wasteful and can’t work.

15 Likes

Same with FBI overreach. Sure, the FBI has had a problem. Don’t name the FBI headquarters after the guy who persecuted civil rights leaders, bugged their hotel room for dirt, and then sent anonymous letters suggesting they commit suicide. They often push too hard “on a hunch” (Richard Jewell, Steven Hatfill). But Republicans problem with the FBI? They investigate Carter Page, who admits to being a Russian agent. And Michael Flynn, who admits to being a Turkish agent and admits to committing perjury.

Or, the CIA. The CIA now tortures people (when they had just been getting over their terrible reputation from the '60s). But Trump/Republicans are fine with that. It’s when the CIA duly informs them that, yes, Russians indeed interfered with our election that they plug their fingers in their ears and complain about the “deep state” in the Intelligence Community.

17 Likes

be afraid no more.

in georgia they’re not able to associate your vote with your person. you check into your voting location, they scratch your name from the poll book in some fashion, you use a machine to fill out a ballot, print it, look at it, and put it in a slot. it’s all anonymous, one vote one person.

with mail in voting, all? states have a “security envelope”

you put your ballot in a “security envelope”, sign the envelope, put that in another envelope. a poll worker opens the mailer, verifies your name and signature, scratches your name from the pollbook in some fashion, and they or someone else opens the security envelope and places the ballot in a stack for counting. still one vote, one person and all anonymous.

19 Likes

There needs to be a new show about corrupt and inept lawyers who hail from the eastern seaboard…Law & Order: Sheer Idiocy.

11 Likes

Latvia? Lithuania? Liberia? Laos? Lower Volta?

Conservative ‘humorist’ PJ O’Rourke once wrote, “Republicans say government doesn’t work. They they take power, and prove it.” From the mouths of babies…

9 Likes

I can’t even the thought process here.

Guys, you’re supposed to be telling the OTHER side to sit out the election in protest! You’re doing this all wrong! Or are these guys so tired of working for Trump that they’re actively working to get him kicked out of the party now? If by some incredible miracle the Democrats pick up both of those Georgia seats that will be a solid repudiation of Trump IMHO.

Current polls show both Democrats with a narrow lead in Georgia, which generally translates to about a 5 point loss at the ballot box, even after adjusting for the Republican lean. Also, Republicans always win important close races.

3 Likes

No, yeah, I been saying this.

Everyone who trusts Sidney Powell, you need to listen up. Don’t vote.

3 Likes

They’re voting machines, so they’ll need to sharpie it right on the screen.

4 Likes

This may sound like a joke, but it really isn’t. I’m thinking of that time Trump started attacking Baltic states… because of issues in the Balkans. It was clear someone had told him something about the Balkans, and that he had no idea what/where either the Balkans or Baltics were. And it’s not like that was an isolated incident, either…

With Trump, quite possibly all of the above. (I’m not sure if I’m joking or not.)

And some recent “whistleblowers” pointed to this practice as evidence of fraud, apparently unaware that’s how it was supposed to work. /facepalm

7 Likes

“I don’t trust vote by mail”
“I don’t trust voting machines”
“I don’t trust the vote counters”
It would be completely nuts if the far right and GOP wound up scaring themselves into never voting.

8 Likes

14 Likes
12 Likes

Me too :+1:

1 Like

Fredonia is a fictional east European nation in a Marx Bros film. It’s also an actual town in Arizona (north of the Grand Canyon of the Colorado) and was Ben Franklin’s preferred name for what was eventually called America. I think USF trumps USA but that’s just me. Anyway, if Donny Boy were to target Fredonia, hilarity and/or tragedy would ensue.

Meanwhile, does he ever confuse the two Georgias?

5 Likes