"Kraken" MAGA lawyer Sidney Powell pleads guilty to Georgia election subversion case, will testify against Trump

Originally published at: "Kraken" MAGA lawyer Sidney Powell pleads guilty to Georgia election subversion case, will testify against Trump | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I hate to see her get away with such a light slap on the wrist but sounds like the deal is probably worth it.

32 Likes

Mr. Chesbro rejected a similar deal so we’ll get to see what a harsher punishment will look like.

37 Likes

One too many "K"s. Kandy Korn Kaligula, perhaps?

34 Likes

She’s trying to distance herself from von Clownstick, of course, despite years of proudly being characterised as one of his “surrogates” in the press.

Same here. I’m consoled by the fact that she’ll spend the rest of her worthless life being harassed by MAGAt thugs for flipping on their god-emperor.

22 Likes

Kraken under all the pressure.

8 Likes

Her family is going to LOVE the monogram sweaters!

15 Likes

Sounds like someone wanted to avoid publication of ‘discovery,’ maybe?

23 Likes

Anyone? Anyone? Ok, I’ll do it…
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

22 Likes

This is a big deal

Understatement along the lines of “you’ll get damp around Niagara Falls”.

That said, could Mango Mussolini not point out her recent actions and make her an unreliable witness?

9 Likes

Does she keep her law license?

13 Likes

Apparently even in Texas her guilty plea will result in some sort of automatic discipline. This is the land of Ken Paxton, though, so who knows what form it will take.

24 Likes

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

That was literally the first thing I wondered. IIRC, lawyers very rarely get their licensees yanked unless it’s really really bad. Rudy’s only got yanked 3 weeks ago.

18 Likes

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

15 Likes

I guess that “speedy trial” gambit wasn’t gonna work out the way her lawyers hoped it would.

You don’t ask for a speedy trial when you’re not already in jail unless you think the prosecutor doesn’t have all their shit together. You take a plea when it’s clear that they do.

You are licensed per state. If she was licensed in GA she may or may not lose it automatically. GA courts can’t strip her of the ability to practice law in other states where she may be licensed but those states’ bar associations can decide to do so because she’s a shitty lawyer especially if she admits to blatantly lying. Zealous representation has its limits.

22 Likes

Fingers crossed that it involves being pelted with a great many overripe squids.

11 Likes

You mean saying crazy things like Trump won 2020? That she was using donations intended to investigate the elections and using it for personal benefit? She believes idiotic conspiracies? Team Trump is Team Unreliable Witness, not sure disavowing her now will hold water.

8 Likes

I wonder if this story had anything to do with Powell’s guilty plea?

23 Likes

Trump in 3 … 2 … 1: “She was a terrible person, totally crazy, an awful lawyer, I never spoke to her, I hardly know who she is, she’s a Trump-hating RINO, part of the Deep State, you can’t believe a word she says …”

28 Likes