Sidney Powell's lawsuit defense: no reasonable person would be stupid enough to believe me

Originally published at: Sidney Powell's lawsuit defense: no reasonable person would be stupid enough to believe me | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What fresh trend is this?

47 Likes

I wish some liberal groups would buy ad time on conservative outlets (it can be done at the local level with ad buys on cable providers) just to keep constantly reminding conservatives of these statements.

21 Likes

Her words led to direct financial issues for the company, as well as hostile death threats for their staff. I think she’s in far deeper water than just saying something mean on cable news. Alex Jones is losing all his cases. She’s going to as well.

33 Likes

It was all just a joke, don’t you get it? /s

10 Likes

“Hey, they just have to say that to work around the corrupt system. It doesn’t mean anything.”

– Too many conservatives, probably.

I do like your idea though.

12 Likes

Every single attorney who goes up against her in court needs to find some reason to bring this up immediately. How can a jury take her arguments seriously when she has herself argued that you shouldn’t?

22 Likes

Yes, and…

Media should be asking people like these, who make these kinds of claims, “Can you go on record saying that any reasonable person would believe your claims?” Just for future lawsuits.

edited for clarity.

23 Likes

There exists no hole deep enough that to place this POS in and seal it for eternity.

17 Likes

would love to think that powell, carlson, jones et al would someday get what they deserve for the damaging, dangerous and hateful lies for personal or political gain. but they won’t.
even if there is a massive judgement against her what is the real cost to her, other than ridicule? no real money will change hands in her lifetime. i agree that dominion voting deserves to have their reputation cleared in court, but the morons that believed powell will never accept that. and on and on it goes.

6 Likes

Did she not make these claims in legal proceedings? Did she not go before judges to tell her tall tale?

Joe Average does this and that is contempt of court. she gets a pass?

19 Likes

If the defence against libel and slander is that you didn’t know the statements were inaccurate, did she not just blow a hole in it?

11 Likes

Conservative: “I’m serious about this! It’s a matter of principle! I will not back down!”

Consequences: “Ummm … just so you know, this stance is going to cost you serious money.”

Conservative: “I’m just joking! It’s entertainment! No reasonable person should take this seriously!”

22 Likes

Lock ‘em up an’ make 'em swallow the key.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting question. Can you be charged with contempt of court after the case relevant to the contempt charge has finished?

7 Likes

a flaw in that plan – sooner or later they will have access to the key

6 Likes

Did I forget to mention the large key-ring?

4 Likes

Now that you’re in court it was all performance art? Not even a Trump voter would believe that.

6 Likes

“Stop the Steal” was a Vaudeville Act?

Me thinks it’s curtains for you Ms Powell.

8 Likes

You’re being very generous here.

16 Likes