Trumpet sounds heard across Jakarta signal end of the world (or not)

Absolutely.

Especially if they have been convinced they are of the chosen people.

Itā€™s right there under ā€˜Atmospheric noiseā€™.

[quote]The steady electric discharging currents in a lightning channel cause a
series of incoherent impulses in the whole frequency range, the
amplitudes of which decreases approximately with the inverse frequency.
In the ELF-range, technical noise from 60 Hz, natural noise from the magnetosphere,
etc. dominates. In the VLF-range, there are the coherent impulses from
R- and K-strokes, appearing out of the background noise.[19] Beyond about 100 kHz, the noise amplitude becomes more and more incoherent.[/quote]
Emphasis mine.

When I was a kid I used to hear the squeak-squeak of some scary clown-nanny pushing a pram in the street in the dead of night. Only when I was a bit older did I summon up the courage to have a look out the window to see a cloth-capped bloke in a macintosh slowly cycling his way on the night shift.

1 Like

That article is referring to radio waves, not sound waves. (i.e. ā€œA radio atmospheric signal or sfericā€¦is a broadband electromagnetic impulse [wide frequency range burst of radio signals] that occurs as a result of natural atmospheric lightning discharges.ā€)

1 Like

Youā€™re right, the majority of the spectrum lies in the radio wave.

From SOTT.net
Itā€™s still an open question, but the apocalypse itā€™s not.

ah, this sucks. afk, have to pay my invoices.

Or you could start a doomsday cult and have other people pay them for you.

4 Likes

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

If thereā€™s ever a Hideous, Apocalypse-Heralding Sound, itā€™s got to be bagpipes.

2 Likes

Even the bagpipe operators walk when they play, to get away from that sound.

3 Likes

Iā€™d really like it to be something like a HAARP experiment. Itā€™s probably something much more boring but whatever it is, Iā€™d like to know.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.