Mysterious trumpets of the apocalypse heard in Spokane, Washington

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/20/mysterious-trumpets-of-the-apo.html

6 Likes

Heaven’s emergency broadcast system. Stay tuned.

16 Likes

Knowing Spokane, I would not be surprised.

15 Likes
9 Likes

Will anyone notice?

17 Likes

My guess is going to be trains on the rails.

I camped overnight at this traihead in east Texas last December, and a train came through the s-curve on the lower tracks in the middle of the night at a very slow pace. Eeriest, yet most interesting music I’ve ever heard.

16 Likes

Heaven is acknowledging Trump in the correct manner.

36 Likes

The world ended. Didn’t you get the epistle?

15 Likes

Agreed. A friend of mine has a house by a train-yard. Every day at 10pm a train comes in. It sounds exactly like a horror movie soundtrack. Eerie.

4 Likes

Probably just some sort of new whale or something.

6 Likes

But Trump was elected!
I thought God would be happy!
:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Yah, this “herald” is a few decades late for Spokane.

1 Like

Hmmmmmm. Trying to come up with a “trump-ette” joke…

7 Likes

That could be a good short story or book.

“Two years into the Trump regime the Apocalypse happens and… no one notices. What’s a horseman to do when eclipsed by a human with an inhuman appetite for destruction and mayhem?”

7 Likes

Well, McMorris-Rogers is our representative…

2 Likes

A herald for the 1974 world’s fair?

3 Likes

Possible explanation: someone in Spokane was playing this a little too loud on their stereo:

7 Likes

Suspension train sound.

3 Likes

…and then there’s that relic in that church in greece that supposedly contains some saint’s blood, and it has a history of coagulating and then UN-coagulating on certain dates, and this year it just missed one (for maybe the first time, i dunno). anyway, it apparently portends horrendous things for 2017.

EDIT: here’s the link to the story:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/668384/ancient-vial-miracle-blood-failed-liquefy-thats-bad-omen-2017

2 Likes

Could only improve the valley.

1 Like