Trump's ability to get away with shooting somebody in the middle of 5th Ave is likely waning

But despite nearly four years of some of the worst presidenting in US history, Trump got MORE votes in 2020 than 2016.

3 Likes

Not just that, it is also constantly being proven wrong around the world. Being the only alternative to the unthinkable works for an election or two, but the effect erodes over time, especially if you use your time in office to be as neoliberal as you can be. cf. the current protests against Macron. I don’t see any way in which Le Pen isn’t going to win the next election.

3 Likes

I remember reading a short story-- felt new yorkerish, but couldn’t find it on their site, about a journalist who was locked in a golden cage, so that she could be shot by trump for the pleasure of the crowd.

1 Like

The one metric to keep an eye on is which way Lindsey Graham hangs his flag. Once he abandons Trump then I’ll start paying attention. That sleazy carbon-based infestation has been a pretty good bellwether.

1 Like

This is why we should encourage the GOP to nominate a woman. If you’re a Dem who lives in an open primary state- vote for Niki Haley.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.