Trump Shoots Man on Fifth Ave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/19/trump-shoots-man-on-fifth-ave.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH President Trump shoots a man on Fifth Ave. and the media urgently reports both the Democratic and Republican perspectives

14 Likes

Sadly these are becoming less and less satire and more plausible reality as each day passes.

61 Likes

Discount Shitler holding what I’m guessing is a half-visible can of SS cola is a subtle detail.

12 Likes

Just a few years ago this would have seemed extreme and absurd.

26 Likes

tumblr_3bb1191035df59063dfca0cc0d5fe425_f93dd0f8_640

39 Likes

That was a real good one. :ok_hand::fire:

9 Likes

More like “Republicans are lawless”

8 Likes

Oh, the thundering irony of the GOP calling themselves republicans. Rule of law may ass. They’re nothing more now than autocratists.

14 Likes

Bargain Basket Benito?
Deep Discount Jeff Davis?

5 Likes

Current sustaining fantasy: The president does this, and the secret service detail immediately shoots him in the head and plants a gun on the victim.

“So tragic. The president died protecting this crowd from a random shooter. Right everybody?”

The hundred or so grinning New Yorkers present grin and nod.

16 Likes

Moderately off topic - but is this the way BoingBoing has been redesigned, for a retro GeoCities look circa 1996? Or is the formatting broken in Safari?

5 Likes

My view looks like that, only with flashy ads pasted on top of the text. What is this even?

2 Likes

Maybe some A/B testing going on?

1 Like

I initially read that as “The Aristocrats” and got a hilarious visual.

4 Likes

Less subtle, but no less enjoyable, was the altered DOJ logo.

8 Likes

This seems to happen once a year or so with Safari. I know it’s not a conscious design choice because it looks fine on iOS and, oddly enough, my home machine.

1 Like

To my ear the “I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it” quote, always sounded like “I couldn’t even get arrested in this town”.

5 Likes

Shocked Booking Agent, “So, what’s this hideously transgressive Act called then?”

Smug Vaudevillian, “The Republican Party!”

14 Likes

That would not end well for the country either.

2 Likes

It loads that way for me when my connection is slow/borked, and has for a very long time. Mostly on mobile chrome. Always assumed it wasn’t completely loading.

4 Likes