Trump sending more armed agents to more U.S. cities, Bill Barr winks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/trump-not-done-sending-armed-t.html

4 Likes

Seems like a serious provocation considering the so-called ‘conservatives’ constantly complain about “urban gun violence”.

24 Likes

Faciliator Barr continues to “auf den Führer hinarbeiten."

13 Likes

Where are all the Waco and Ruby Ridge Truthers? Where are the Cliven-Bundys? Where are all the far-right preppers screaming about federal overreach and black helicopters?

Seriously, is it too much to ask that the wing nut fringe display some conspritorial consistency?

Even a homeopathic dose would be acceptable.

55 Likes

Hmm… if only there were a political party that was big on States’ rights to counter this…

37 Likes

More normalisation of fascism, Putin style. Anyone who wants to pretend that this isn’t all prelude to November – whatever the outcome – is fooling themselves.

29 Likes

24 Likes

“Operation Legend”? Holy cow if this doesn’t scream Male Fragility…

32 Likes

Cracking down on violent crime by committing more violent crime? You can’t fool me, it’s violent crime all the way down!

21 Likes

Actually, in the super weird bedfellows category, I saw this pop up in a feed somewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/neoliberal/comments/hvm930/ammon_bundy_decides_to_join_black_lives_matter_at/

23 Likes

Sadly it’s even worse than that. He (or someone) named it after LeGend Taliferro, a 4 y/o Black child from MO who was killed earlier this year. They’re tying this horrible escalation to the life of a child who they’d have called a “crisis actor” or considered an acceptable loss in the name of their gun-freedom if he had died in a school shooting. But now his name is their rallying cry to end “urban” violence somehow by throwing more violence at it.

*Edited for grammar.

20 Likes

Forget states rights, municipal rights would solve a lot more problems.

10 Likes

It gives me a tiny amount of hope that someone with whom I fundamentally disagree would take a position that makes sense to me.

I mean, we’re still doomed and all, but maybe there will be some interesting conversations in the hand basket as we’re delivered into the bowels of Hell.

9 Likes

Godwin was right to suspend his law.

12 Likes

So Trump will already have his personal troops in major U.S. cities when he loses the election and refuses to accept the results due to “voter fraud” and must quash the violence that threatens America from those demonstrating in the streets for him to leave.
Not that I’m starting to get paranoid or anything…

24 Likes

Good one.

1 Like

He will already have his troops in major US cities to suppress the vote in the first place, and his henchmen in the USPS to slow down and hamper mail-in ballots.

11 Likes

I heard it was Operation Diligent Valor

As neither quality is on display, it’s a probably an attempt to conceal the true nature of the scheme.

2 Likes

Someone scream in his face these people are not riding they are protesting and they are not protesting Heroes they are protesting men who have killed unarmed black men while begging for their life

Scream that in his face on camera from hundreds of people until he fucking gets it in his head

5 Likes

“in a further effort by federal officials to tackle violence.” I wish people writing about these things wouldn’t apply a motivation that does not exist. There is no intent by federal officials to tackle violence. Their intent is to escalate violence for political gain. * sigh *

17 Likes