Trump admits he had suspect executed in street by U.S. Marshals: "they didn't want to arrest him"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/15/trump-admits-he-had-suspect-executed-in-street-by-u-s-marshals-they-didnt-want-to-arrest-him.html

20 Likes

Holy fucksocks, I’m so utterly and thoroughly exhausted with this “Laws mean nothing” bullshit.

Be it the 'Rona or the election results, this fucker has gots to go.

70 Likes

Even if you “know” a suspect as being the guy, what if he turned out to be the wrong guy, and – even if a suspect actually was a perpetrator – shouldn’t the chance of stray shots hitting innocent passersby (seen and unseen) be considered before unloading?

32 Likes

This is what scares me the most about a contested election or Trump refusing to concede. He’s got the unwavering support of a portion of LEO’s who think he’s their savior and champion, and think that they are in his debt.

This is nothing more or less than gang warfare, with all its attendant loyalty.

64 Likes

Trump may soon be gone. But the police who did this will still be with us, standing back and standing by

Not to mention the politicians that willfully support this type of policing (Trump or no Trump), along with people on the Right that want police and the judicial system to do the heavy lifting when it comes to oppressing minorities.

35 Likes

Trump does not want anyone “antifa” put on an actual trial, because it would very soon become very apparent (in a court of law no less) that “antifa” is not, in fact, any sort of actual organization that one can become a member of, and is, instead, a vague notion that Hitler, Stalin, and people who try to emulate them are bad, and that we really don’t want the US to follow the path that Nazi Germany did.

65 Likes

Trump went on to say - " Trump went on to describe the killing as “retribution.”

“This guy was a violent criminal, and the U.S. marshals killed him. And I will tell you something, that’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution when you have crime like this,” Trump said in September."

I guess that means…

23 Likes

Funny how Kyle Rittenhouse didn’t get the same treatment even though the video evidence against him was much stronger/clearer than the video evidence against Reinoehl.

61 Likes

Did Donald Trump just admit to commissioning a murder?

56 Likes

Well, now we know that assassination of US citizens in the street is now the official policy of the US executive branch.

56 Likes

Yes. But watch Republicans and Trump cultists bend their backs into pretzels to dismiss objective reality in order to keep the smug smiles on their faces.

24 Likes

WHAT THE EVER-LOVING FUCK!!!?

38 Likes

It’s even worse. Unless there is severe fall out for this assassination, Trump and his cronies will feel empowered by it, and expand the policy to other political enemies.

See also his slobbering admiration for other dictators like the phillipines guy, who uses such assassinations quite regularly. Trump has often said he would like to be able to do that. Now he has, and he will do it more and more.

37 Likes

I guess “Law and Order President” means “I am the law, and I give the orders.”

Cheeto Benito needs to get the (hob-nailed, steel-toed) boot.

26 Likes

Always looking for the silver lining, aren’t ya?

/s

13 Likes

Nothing says freedom like extrajudicial summary executions…

27 Likes

I noticed recently that the “Law and Order” president and party don’t seem to use the word justice very often. Wonder why that is…

19 Likes

But, that’s never happened, ever!

13 Likes

Why were the Federal Marshals involved at all and not the local police? Was he under investigation? Was he cleared?

The Marshal’s just shot their credibility to hell. With Trump saying the quiet part out loud, does this open up an investigation to how it was carried out? Not that that necessarily matters, but still. If the details mentioned are true, I don’t see how there isn’t an investigation.

27 Likes

Don’t we already know that based on his reaction to the attempted kidnapping and possible attempted murder of a US State’s Governor?

The way I see that situation:

Yes, this man is trying to start a violent coup and civil war. No, we don’t know he won’t succeed. Yes, we can expect more violence from his supporters. No, we shouldn’t give up.

36 Likes