Trump tells "weak" governors: “If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/01/trump-tells-weak-governors.html

5 Likes

Lmao he’s just throwing a fit because every major US city looked like this the past few nights :joy:

19 Likes

That’s some grade-A hypocrisy right there, bunker boy.

69 Likes

Easy for him to say, turning out the lights and hiding under his desk and all.

41 Likes

One person listening in on the call describes the president’s words and tone as “unhinged.”

So, typical Monday at the White House, eh?

51 Likes

How do they expect to get re-elected if they don’t tell the cops to shoot peaceful protestors and begin arresting the public en masse?

/s

22 Likes

His new nickname is going to get so much mileage. :joy:

23 Likes

Just like little don trump “dominated” 12 year old Kelly Feuer over on East 71st street?

3 Likes

Everything Trump says and does is wrong. Whatever he says, do the opposite, and you’re certain to be more than 50% on your way to doing the correct thing.

He’s a lodestone of awfulness.

He’s the guy that recommends everyone split up in a monster movie. But he’s also the guy that somehow manages to die last – or worse, live – mainly because the ghosts and monsters are busy chomping on the people who listened to his fantastic opinions.

So lets see…

Take back the streets : the streets aren’t going anywhere; be there to protect and help people, don’t escalate the violence.

Use force to confront protesters : don’t do this; only use force as a response to force, don’t escalate. Maybe listen to the protesters. The fact they have assembled en masse is a strong indicator that there’s a big problem, and fucking them up isn’t going to fix it.

Send protesters to prison for 10 years : no, arrest rioters without excessive force, set trial dates, release.

It should be obvious to anyone by now that Trump wants – even NEEDS – to be a dictator at this point in time. His clock is running out, and once his ass is out of that chair he will hopefully be in the shit. But to be a dictator, he needs enough people to roll over and show him their bellies. Hopefully the governors are smarter than that.

I know a lot of people compare him to Hitler. I find him to be Hitler-adjacent. Like a generic knock-off of the real thing. It’s not that he wouldn’t do what Hitler did, he just hasn’t figured out how to do it yet. So he works in the long shadows of the more accomplished dictators that he openly admires.

That said, I wouldn’t have minded if the parallel continued and he never came out of that bunker.

31 Likes

Bargain Bunker Shitler.

35 Likes

Well, of course his GOP has his back -

18 Likes

16 Likes

Please let someone leak the audio to Sarah Cooper.

Gorgorma hear my plea. gorgorma

9 Likes

MORE: Trump tells governors: “You’ve got to arrest people, you have to track people, you have to put them in jail for 10 years and you’ll never see this stuff again,” per audio obtained by @CBSNews

Truly spoken like someone who does not understand how their own actions have consequences yet expects that everyone else’s should.

18 Likes

Those Untergang sharts stank.

2 Likes

Of course the government and cops think cracking down on protesters mercilessly is going to end the outcry about police brutality. They literally can’t help themselves. Violence is the only language they speak (other than greed, anyway).

25 Likes

He’s wrong. There’s a simple remedy: arrest murderous cops. Starting with Derek Chauvin’s three accessories: Tou Thao, J Alexander Kueng,Thomas K. Lane.

23 Likes

I haven’t heard of this and there does seem to be some credibility regarding the settlements, but I can’t find anything suggesting it was trump, himself. Citations?

3 Likes

Wait, did Tom Cotton call the police fascists?

(I know antifa is just a random word like libtard now to them, but it does still have meaning)

8 Likes

So, now he is unhinged?

Where the hell have some folks been.

10 Likes