Trump tells "weak" governors: “If you don’t dominate, you’re wasting your time”

This deeply disingenuous motherfucker went to Harvard undergrad, then Harvard Law. He is playing the role of hick rube, thereby playing the hick rube.

DO NOT TRUST HIM.

18 Likes

As a veteran of the 101st, fuck you Tom. Sincerely. Fuck you.

52 Likes

I wonder if that Tom Cotton has talked to the Tom Cotton who had this to say about Hong Kong:

(also, his later Tweet re: “no quarter” for the rioters is literally calling for a war crime)

52 Likes

If you were writing a satire about dumbfuck hick legislators who are secretly white supremacists, you really couldn’t come up with a better name than Tom Cotton.

38 Likes

The tough governor of Arizona instituted a curfew over the weekend. I didn’t notice, as I was busy staying home and ignoring his plea to go out to a restaurant and catch the virus.

39 Likes

All he knows how to do is fight.
Not win, just fight.**
He’s a bully and a brute and he only feels anything when he’s fighting.

At the same time, boy, thank god we have coast-to-coast looting, destruction, chaos and Covid-spread … all because a guy used a counterfeit $20 to try and buy menthols and it was ‘easier’ for MLSPD to kill him than talk to him.

Billions of dollars in damage. Over a fake $20 bill.

Trump wants to fight on this because if you have a fight and you’re still standing, dumb people think that’s a win.

12 Likes

I have been saying this since the “Mexicans are rapists” comment or whatever crap he said…DON’T COVER, REPEAT, OR SHARE ANYTHING THIS ASS CLOWN SAYS!

He said this to governors, but repeating it let’s the police and anyone else hear it as well…let it stop with the governors. I know reporting on this shit sells clicks and newspapers and stuff, but can we just start ignoring him. I am not saying ignore the problems. we have real problems that need to be dealt with but it seems that Trump always does more harm than good.

If nobody repeated or covered the fact that he said to drink beach maybe people wouldn’t drink bleach. If nobody repeated that he said protesters should be stopped forcefully maybe (doubtful, but maybe) a few less police officers would have heard that remark and wouldn’t then have taken it as license to do what every they want.

Public health crisis?: listen and amplify qualified Doctors and epidemiologists instead.
Racist policing?: listen to and amplify experts of color on what to do about it, NOT A FUCKING RACIST Wanna be dictator.
Issue with the Economy: maybe listen to and amplify economists.
etc etc…

just stop repeating this idiots words…please.

9 Likes

Or, better yet, don’t arrest a single protester until every cop who has committed violence against protesters has been arrested. Remember how this started? It wasn’t because a cop murdered yet another black man; it started when the police and prosecutors (yet again) did nothing about it.

17 Likes
24 Likes

No, we can’t. He’s the President of the United States, he’s not one of the corporate mascots from the
Simpsons Halloween episode.

19 Likes

And you dare to call me a terrorist
While you look down your gun
When I think of all the deeds that you have done -
You have plundered many nations
Divided many lands
You have terrorized their people
You ruled with an iron hand
And you brought this reign of terror to my land

-Joe McDonnell by The Wolfetones

14 Likes

“The governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” the president wrote in a tweet on Friday morning. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.”

12 Likes

i know that sadly he is the president, but covering every ignorant thing he says is not helpful. If he was offering anything helpful then I think that would be different.

1 Like

Do these fuckwads not realize the founding fathers they so admire were in fact “insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters, and looters” of their day?!?

27 Likes

Yes it fucking is. My sister who voted for this assclown said to me “Why do you listen to him, why not just ignore him?”

Because he is the fucking president of the united states! And we really need every thing that comes out of his mouth reported on and on full display. It does help…it helps expose who he is, every second, of every minute, of every day that bloviating piece of shit is in the White House.

edit: @anon21100188 beat me to it. Exactly this.

18 Likes

So at the current growth rate of the protests over the next month and figure in the current demographics of the protests and the country in whole… that could end up being at 66% to 75% of everybody under the age of 40.

It would completely bog down the legal system, overfill our jails several times over and it would be extremely difficult to build new jails because it would also completely destroy the economy with all of those young people in jail. How are all of those elderly Trump supporters gonna be able to log into their WiFi?

Wow, this guy is a complete moron.

10 Likes

He has a big mouth when he’s protected by armed guards. I’d like to see him act tough in NYC streets. He’s a coward.

5 Likes

I’m an engineer. I deal in numbers, not lead.

If the opposition has the numbers, no amount of rubber bullets are going to stop them.

Just sayin’

5 Likes

The Republican party has gone “full fascist” (weakness was always part of the fascist nature, which is why they’re fascists - too weak to get things done any other way). Trump is just pulling a Hitler, hiding out in his bunker. Now if only he’d follow in Hitler’s footsteps when he was hiding out in his bunker and move on to the next step…

Meanwhile the Republicans are pushing to have “antifa” declared a terrorist organization (leaving aside that it’s not an organization and domestic groups can’t legally be declared terrorists), with Ted Cruz pushing a bill that ostensibly does so. Except it apparently uses “antifa” interchangeably with “leftist group,” thus making it abundantly clear that they’re trying to outlaw all left-wing anti-government protest.

Yep, he is reliably an anti-indicator. Even on the vanishingly rare occasion that he does the right thing, he does it in the wrong way for the wrong reasons.

@Tamsin_Bailey

As people have pointed out, what Tom Cotton is calling for is blatantly illegal under national and international law. I don’t even know how to deal with this shit.

Legally, he’s demanding the murder of US citizens. That’s a hell of a thing.

At this point, I don’t even think it’s about muting the outcry (because people are too afraid to speak), like Trump says, it’s just about showing their dominance. Witness this peaceful protestor appealing to their common humanity, and the police response:

Even on a city-by-city basis, the rioting is a response to police violence. Cities where the cops have talked to and even joined with protestors aren’t seeing this shit. Initially peaceful protests are being met with unprovoked police brutality and spiraling out of control.

25 Likes

Tom, do yourself a favor and shut your pie hole.

3 Likes