Trump says federal government may 'take over cities,' because crime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/trump-says-federal-government.html

12 Likes

So a coup, then.

37 Likes

You know, Donald, some people refer to people taking over cities as invasions, and for someone all about “law and order” you’re awfully comfortable doing illegal things you’re not supposed to

51 Likes

He’s totally failing my Brooklyn test of cognitive abilities. Just saying.

21 Likes

Trump seems to overestimate his popularity with the military.

Attacking disabled veterans, Gold Star Parents, POWs, Naval captains, and having a buddy put a bounty on soldiers heads doesn’t do much when trying to get the military to carry out illegal orders.

40 Likes

25th Amendment seems to apply to Trump’s actions and statements.

19 Likes

So cue all the people afraid of Jade Helm being a Federal Government plot to take over cities/states and impose martial law (or whatever the fuck those nutjobs were paranoid about) that will raise up and protest Trump and Co talking of ‘take over cities’?

36 Likes

Um. When your party spent the last 30 years trying to “drown the government in a bathtub”, you aren’t taking over shit.

23 Likes

Harder than conviction upon impeachment, unfortunately: needs the VP and half the Cabinet to invoke it, and then two-thirds of the House and two-thirds of the Senate to make it stick.

16 Likes
8 Likes

“Doesn’t the President look tired”

27 Likes

Those people ARE the government right now. Which makes this all hypocritical nonsense.

15 Likes

He’s from Queens. It’s fine. Everything is fine.

3 Likes

Hahha. Good luck with that, Donny.

KCMO is getting some Federal help, though. We have had one of the worse years for murder in many years. They Feds are sending investigators to help out. I suppose that isn’t a bad thing. Finding murderers I think is one thing the police detectives should do. They will not be doing any patrol work.

6 Likes

He’ll say anything to get his tv ratings. The rural maga crowd are going to have some real nice dreams tonight!

10 Likes

Cool. I’m taking over Mar-a-lago when he makes his move.

29 Likes

Make sure you drown everything there in a river of bleach.

28 Likes

Everything or everyone?

21 Likes

Dealer’s choice.

28 Likes

Can we just throw him on a boat with his fans and pay for a covid cruise for them?

Honestly, paying to send them all out into the ocean on a quarantined boat would be a good use of tax dollars at this point, both for the health and sanity of every sane American left living here.

It would have to be huge…like an Ark. Maybe we could convice them to get on it for biblical reasons? And just leave them stranded in the sea, never allowed on dry land again?

14 Likes