Trump says federal government may 'take over cities,' because crime

So this is, what, thing #1,285,638 that Trump has done that would instantly end the career of literally any other president? Don’t even think if Obama had done it, think of Bush Jr., or Reagan, or Nixon. Any of them would have been finished and disgraced for life for half the stuff Trump’s done, and at least been the center of a huge scandal and lost any chance of re-election for the other half.

28 Likes

He’s just “tellin’ it like it is”…

2 Likes

“Taking over cities” my ass. Portland’s about ready to kick DHS out forcibly. Or at least surround their troops with State Police so they can’t shoot people with impunity.

30 Likes

Made you look!

Meanwhile, in non-septuagenarian-scat-whining-into-a-microphone news:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

13 Likes

Not to mention U.S. Military personnel’s eagerness to roll into their own cities. It’s one thing to get a bunch of grunts to shoot at folks in a country where they have no understanding of the language or connection with the culture. It’s another to get them to shoot at folks in their own neighborhoods.

22 Likes

No it’s okay. The jade helm people were afraid obama would take over lily white suburbs in texas.

Now that trump is threatening to have black city dwellers killed the jade helm folks are ecstatic.

29 Likes

You guys, he just made huge mistake that will almost certainly cost him his base. I don’t know if you remember, but most of his base insists on small government, states rights, and a robust conception of federalism, and I’m confident they will react EXTREMELY poorly to this blatantly unconstitutional overreach.

I wouldn’t be surprised if The Federalist and Breitbart are drafting op eds right now calling for him to step down.

We got him!

32 Likes

Lol as if trumpists have core values or care about hypocrisy or even are intelligent enough to notice cognitive dissonance.

13 Likes

That’s the joke.

15 Likes

giphy

12 Likes

Poe’s law makes it impossible to tell.

I know people who still sincerely talk this way. It’s positively maddening.

13 Likes

It’s like watching the movie Untergang.

2 Likes

Not to say that the “taking over” will happen, but the GOP hasn’t been trying to drown the military in a bathtub.

12 Likes

Military and police spending was conspicuously absent from the Republicans’ chopping block.

19 Likes

Everyone’s a comedian here.

7 Likes

I just have to wonder about how many of the 138K dead in the US would have been trump supporters, or had voted for him in 2016?

I also wonder about how many more people will have to die before November to ensure donnie doesn’t get re-elected.

And a big FU to the Democratic party who continually manages to pick the worst of the worst as their selected candidate for president, and wonders why they don’t win…

2 Likes

If Trump is going to take over the cities, one assumes that includes being financially responsible for the cities’ debts. OK Donald, where do we send the bill?

4 Likes

Considering the demo that voted for trump and the demo most vulnerable to COVID both skew elderly and conservative, probably a lot.

6 Likes

That’s totally cool by me. You can have the entire mainland peninsula, just let the Archipelago Nation of the Conch Republic be, please. The Keybilly scofflaw descendants of pirates thank you in advance.

7 Likes

But what about the poor bedbugs which have created a thriving habitat there???

8 Likes