Trump admits he had suspect executed in street by U.S. Marshals: "they didn't want to arrest him"

It was bad enough when cops were using these extrajudicial hit squads to take down people suspected of killing cops. “Retribution” killings on behalf of far-right militia members just confirms how LEOs think of the White Supremacists as being on “their team.”

34 Likes

This is exactly where we are right now. And for the most part, the media and mostly every politician is a boiled frog.

3 Likes

What ideas do you have for viable solutions?

7 Likes

Rather think that’s the question that’s been answered here.

15 Likes

Besides voting, honestly, I have none. And I’m open to suggestions.

10 Likes

I’m sorry, I missed the answer? I skimmed above and clicked through on the article about about the gun being in his pocket.

Or is the answer “Trump complained about a ‘fugitive’ and the US Marshals went in with the goal to just take him out.”?

1 Like

IIRC the suspect was located in a different state from the alleged crime

11 Likes

Totally not fascism, amirite?

6 Likes

Two years ago Philippines president Duterte confesses: ‘My only sin is the extrajudicial killings’

He’s still killing today. I hope that’s not where we are going.

12 Likes

Summary executions? I mean we know he’s the guy, right?

2 Likes

I’ve been reassured by many authoritative legal experts on Reddit that it was clear cut self-defense and we shouldn’t consider the facts that Kyle was illegally present after a curfew, illegally armed as a minor, and illegally defending property with lethal force against Wisconsin law, and murdered two people after having pointed his loaded weapon at an unarmed bystander just walking through a parking lot.

29 Likes

Hey, I’ve seen those same enlightened centrists! Man, they sure are reasonable.

5 Likes

First of all, who’s “we?”

Next; due process was not followed, so this was totally an execution, regardless to any other factors.

36 Likes

The whole idea of having “the usual suspects” is to bring them in and execute them for any crime you feel like charging for.

2 Likes
16 Likes

Nah, it’s completely consistent with their values!

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect…

I wish. In this case they’ll simply say, “Yeah, and that’s good! We should be killing all the ‘antifa’ and BLM.” (I know this because I see them saying it.)

Yep. Trump makes the unacceptable acceptable - racism, bullying, misogyny, murdering your political opponents…

Makes sense given that all their recent talk of “law and order” have nothing to do with either law or order. E.g. Trump gloatingly talked about a reporter who got shot in the knee during a protest, and how “beautiful” it was, and described that as “law and order.” They’re making it damn obvious that “law and order” actually means “fascism.” Justice just ain’t part of it.

Well, that’s certainly Trump’s answer. (And the details of the situation rather support it, to a large degree.)

18 Likes

They only like to see it in front of certain names. Like Justice I’mA Moanie Bigot

4 Likes

Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm tag. I meant to imply, sarcastically, that we should solve the summary execution problem with summary executions.

5 Likes

Well that couldn’t go wrong.

12 Likes

What the hell does “give up” even mean anymore? What is there to “give up”? Political pressure only thwarts him for brief periods, after which he doubles down and gets worse. He ignores the laws, and his party now owns the Supreme Court anyway. One by one he has turned all the key Federal agencies into fiefdoms for his cronies. The only people with the physical power to stop him are all on his side. The leaders of the “opposition” party are too old to have the brain plasticity to deal with this lightning war on our democracy. What they CAN do however is repeat what they’ve done for decades: keep the people who might actually have the vision and the energy to confront something like this from getting anywhere near the levers of power. They’ll defend the steering wheel of the Titanic until it hits the bottom of the ocean.

I don’t know what the left thinks it’s doing anymore besides lying down on the train tracks and waiting for the whistle.

3 Likes