Trump's bizarre anti-windmill fetish will never stop

Boy, good thing fossil fuel emissions don’t kill anything.

5 Likes

The subjects Trump never tires of lying about are the ones where he lost. The election. Barack Obama and especially Hillary Clinton, because even if he managed to become president he knows they were both more popular than him.

Wind turbines – I’m not sure many actually run mills – are in that category, because he couldn’t stop Scotland from building them around his golf course, and so he will carry a grudge until he the day he is mercifully removed from our planet.

18 Likes

Idiots notwithstanding, windmills do kill a lot of birds and they will kill a lot more as we start building more of them (and do nothing to mitigate the risk). That’s not to say we shouldn’t build windmills. I’m pretty sure the smog from coal and gas cars is worse for wildlife than windmills are. We can do better (we can always do better). I remember reading this article a while back on things we can do…

…there…I found it.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Everything is personal with Donald.

He even throws it in casually, among his grievance laundry list, “…they’re driving down values…”

They’d better cremate him and scatter his ashes far and wide, ‘cos if he’s buried I’ll make a special trip to the US to find it and take a dump right in the middle of it.

3 Likes

That’s gonna be a long line.

5 Likes

fossil fuels are orders of magnitude worse, from pollution of mining and use. The Avian and Wildlife Costs of Fossil Fuels and Nuclear Power by Benjamin K. Sovacool :: SSRN
Any conversion from fossil fuels to wind saves birds (and other critters).
ETA: other reference Contextualizing avian mortality: A preliminary appraisal of bird and bat fatalities from wind, fossil-fuel, and nuclear electricity - ScienceDirect

8 Likes

Thanks for the links. I only read the abstracts (and I probably won’t ever read the articles…just being honest). It’s clear we need to move away from fossil fuels. It’s also clear that people saying we shouldn’t use windmills in order to protect birds are full of it.

But, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do more to protect wildlife.

2 Likes

No argument with any of that.

2 Likes

A 2.5’ by 8’ underground bunker?

4 Likes

Maga has been yelling “bird killers” for years, and last week when the wind energy company was fined they all had their “told you so” moment.

Every time Trump talks about how much he knows about wind energy it makes me think some big coal guy told Trump how great he was because he learned a few lines of rhetoric.

1 Like

Mark’s post includes:

4 Likes

Hopefully soon to be an expert on late stage bloat.

2 Likes

Or oil spills…

2 Likes

Funny coming from a sub set of humans who love to shoot and kill birds.

For fun.

6 Likes

Yeah, it was never really about the birds, children, etc

2 Likes

Charge admission. We can balance the budget.

2 Likes

Don-ald Quixote.

1 Like

Trump is such a toxic piece of shit that his grave should become a Superfund site.

3 Likes