Morning Joe's supercut of Trump's looney windmill obsession

Originally published at: Morning Joe's supercut of Trump's looney windmill obsession | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Trump is giving windmill-fighting loons a bad name.

16 Likes

It’s because he lost a court case over a wind farm off the coast of his club at Aberdeen, and TrumpOrg had to pay upwards of a quarter million pounds. He doesn’t give a shit about eagles and whales, but I guess that goes without saying.

25 Likes

Three of them washing ashore… “They came up to me, tears in their eyes they said ‘Sir…’ grown whales, never cried before they said ‘Sir, these windmills in my mind, they are driving us loco…’”

16 Likes

Everything is personal, and he never forgets a grudge.

10 Likes

From Salina KS to Denver CO, a nearly unbroken line of windmills along I-70, sometimes several deep, sometimes way off at the horizon. Does he want to take them all down, like Reagan taking the solar panels off the White House?

4 Likes

Whoa! You just gave me a childhood flashback. Now I’ve got an earworm!

And now I’ve shared it! :wink:

7 Likes

That image of Trump looks far too heroic. Try this variation:

8 Likes

Of course the root of this is, “what’s in it for me.” As always.

3 Likes

I just lol’d when he said he saw three just this past week. Thanks for this.

“If the wind doesn’t blow, you can forget about television for that night.”

5 Likes

Just to add to what you said… part of that was covered in this great doc from 2011:

6 Likes

This all stems from a bad golfing experience he had as a child, doesn’t it? He never got over that windmill messing up his shot.

8 Likes

Ah, the version without the Lindsey Graham beer-goggles.
Thanks a lot. Now I have to wash my eyeballs with bleach.

2 Likes

They might be giants.

7 Likes

they might be giants GIF

:thinking:

8 Likes

‘I know a lot about wind’

Says McBurger-constipated smelly old fart.

1 Like

I do appreciate Mika’s correction regarding terminology. Trump may hate windmills, but what he can’t shut up about are wind turbines. Big difference.

1 Like

Ugh. I cannot stand the odd speaking cadence of Cheetolini, even if it’s just a short-burst montage clip. Kudos to those here that watched it & to whomever had to suffer at MSNBC to compile that clip, but I just can’t.

2 Likes

There’s a proposed windfarm near where I live. A large set of cities also near it are using a bunch of fear inducing things like this. It’ll kill the birds, it’ll make a bunch of dust, it’ll cause light pollution. It’s planned on land leased from farmer’s, typically land unsuitable for farming. But the other supposed drawback is it’s taking away farmland. Meanwhile these cities are partly built on former farmland.

3 Likes