Trump's "first 100 days" plan

We are too, on a well, I mean (knocks on wood)…

3 Likes

More of a “Whoa! Not over here! I agree and here’s what we’re doing!” than a “Whoa! You’re wrong!”

3 Likes

Cool. I appreciate your clarification and glad we’re on the same page.

Let’s do what we can to make this all better, yeah?

4 Likes

Fahrenheit 119?

4 Likes

5 Likes

Linking here:

The NPR link Cory posted has some great analysis.

4 Likes

She might not the right kind of conservative. I thought that I’d heard of her a traditional stare decisis conservative, not a burn-down-the-precedents-in-pusuit-of-“original-intent”-kind of conservative. I probably should research before posting, but, damn, I’m tired.

Yeah because having Mr. Turtle in for 100 years has done us great favors. Everything is gerrymandered to shit.[quote=“ficuswhisperer, post:50, topic:89151”]
Congressional term limits are basically code for “keep Congress full of inexperienced people that can be more easily controlled by special interest groups.”

It completely dismisses the fact that if you don’t like your congressman, you’re free to vote for someone else in the next election.
[/quote]

3 Likes

Yeah, no shit. I get a medication that costs $360 a month. So do I go down to the bank, deposit $360, go back home, go to the bank, withdraw $360, and go buy my medication every month?

3 Likes

If he thinks the country is a hostile to him now just wait until his supporters realize the wall isn’t getting built, Clinton isn’t going to jail, manufacturing jobs aren’t coming back, eleven million people aren’t going to be deported and that he drained the swamp only to put Heritage Foundation and K Street cronies as his cabinet appointees.

He’s about to see some real hostility.

9 Likes

He’ll still carry 59.5 million voters pretty much no matter what.

It’s time to flush out congressional seats and build a case for 65 million against him again for next time. Lord knows I’m not voting for him.

1 Like

Kitty hugs, I like

9 Likes

Sometimes, we all need kitty hugs.

9 Likes

It’s small consolation now but I do believe Trump’s election has awoken a sleeping tiger of moderate and sane folks who sat on their hands Tuesday - either due to apathy, dislike/distrust of HRC or more likely, misplaced confidence that nobody in their right mind would really vote for him.

Just like the Republican resurgence after anti-Christ Obama was elected, I am hopeful that sanity will return in 2018 and 2020. Just need to keep it together and minimize the damage until then.

6 Likes

… or the corruption just moves slightly east into Maryland

1 Like

It just gets worse every day.

Weren’t his children supposed to be running his corporate empire while he was busy presidenting?

Then there’s this:

4 Likes

2020 is the yuuge prize - that’s the next time they run the census and redraw the districts. So local and state elections are just as important as Federal that year.

2 Likes

I just posed this elsewhere, but I’ll post it here, too:

4 Likes

He can’t repeal those bits anyway.

Trump said he is willing to keep the provisions of the law that prevent insurers from denying coverage because of a preexisting condition and that allow children to stay on their parents’ health plan until they turn 26, according to The Journal.

“I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that,” Trump told The Journal.

Health policy experts have told Business Insider over the last few days that Republicans do not have the filibuster-proof majority needed to repeal these parts of the law anyway.

Although he can still royally screw the system up:

Through the budget reconciliation process — which would avoid a drawn-out fight and filibuster by Democrats — Republicans can adjust only parts of the law that have to do with the federal government’s finances.

These parts include the funding for Medicaid expansion given to states, subsidies for people who receive their health insurance through the ACA marketplaces, and money for outreach to get Americans to sign up through the exchanges.

2 Likes