Trump's "first 100 days" plan

1 Like

It just gets worse every day.

Weren’t his children supposed to be running his corporate empire while he was busy presidenting?

Then there’s this:

4 Likes

2020 is the yuuge prize - that’s the next time they run the census and redraw the districts. So local and state elections are just as important as Federal that year.

2 Likes

I just posed this elsewhere, but I’ll post it here, too:

4 Likes

He can’t repeal those bits anyway.

Trump said he is willing to keep the provisions of the law that prevent insurers from denying coverage because of a preexisting condition and that allow children to stay on their parents’ health plan until they turn 26, according to The Journal.

“I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that,” Trump told The Journal.

Health policy experts have told Business Insider over the last few days that Republicans do not have the filibuster-proof majority needed to repeal these parts of the law anyway.

Although he can still royally screw the system up:

Through the budget reconciliation process — which would avoid a drawn-out fight and filibuster by Democrats — Republicans can adjust only parts of the law that have to do with the federal government’s finances.

These parts include the funding for Medicaid expansion given to states, subsidies for people who receive their health insurance through the ACA marketplaces, and money for outreach to get Americans to sign up through the exchanges.

2 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

I guess her 6 million dollar donation to his campaign paid off in the end.

He really is draining the swamp and filling it in with his own, “better” swamp.

11 Likes

A totally classy swamp!

5 Likes

I hope she can sell a policy better than she sold a Stone-Cold Stunner.

4 Likes

That’s just painful to watch… and not in a good way.

2 Likes

This is one of those things that only sounds good to people who have been suckered into the “there are too many regulations and they are killing business” line of thinking, and who aren’t smart enough think about the obvious results.

There are basically only three logical conclusions if that were an actual rule (and if it didn’t get overruled by some actual adults):

1. We gradually trend towards having only one “regulation”, which doesn’t cover anything useful. Some bright spark comes up with something that ought to be regulated but can’t be, and a whole lot of people die/lose everything/etc.
  2. We gradually trend towards having only one “regulation”, which covers everything. It’s impossible to actually understand what’s in it… and some bright spark comes up with something that ought to be regulated but can’t be (because it’s impossible to reach a consensus on modifying the monstrosity), and a whole lot of people die/lose everything/etc.
  3. No more regulations go into effect, ever. No matter how horrible a situation is, it’s impossible to create a new law to regulate it without deregulating something important. Some bright spark comes up with something that ought to be regulated but can’t be, and a whole lot of people die/lose everything/etc.

One could only hope that, upon reaching one of those conclusions, enough people would wake up and say “You know what? This rule is stupid! Who wrote it, a five-year-old?”

6 Likes

Exactly. This is based on an assumption that all rules are created equally and that adding more rules adds more bloat. This isn’t true. There’s plenty of laws and regulations that are outdated, overreaching, written in bad faith, or never made sense to begin with. Reform or eliminate these laws. Not stall new regulations because you have to get rid of two old ones. Having to get rid of two old things to get one new thing is just dumb – any five year old can tell you this.

This just all strikes me as a “let’s get rid of those pesky laws that protect citizens at the expense of me making more profit for my businesses – papa needs a new diamond studded swimming pool” versus any sort of honest attempt at legislative reform.

6 Likes
3 Likes

FTFY. 

5 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t doubt he’s a billionaire. It’s embarrassing enough that he is probably worth $2-3 billion versus the double digits billion he claims he is.

It’s like if I claimed I made $500 thousand a year to all my co-workers.

2 Likes
2 Likes

President-elect Donald Trump is considering appointing staunch libertarian and Peter Thiel crony Jim O’Neill to head the FDA… he has advocated for the FDA to give up on vetting the efficacy of new drugs before they come to market.

Anything that Peter Thiel has touched is tainted to the point of toxcity. That man spreads poisn like a fucking Puffer fish. The amount of nope there…

3 Likes

Good to see that transparency is one of the pillars of his administration.

3 Likes